Any way to hook up my Xbox series x to my 2012 Audi a6 mmi?

Dizzlejizzle

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New here! Curious to know if there is a way to hook up my Xbox series x to my 2012 Audi a6 mmi display...??? Has anyone ever attempted anything like this before? Please let me know what experience you have had good or bad... If I can get that to work that would be ABSOLUTELY EPIC!!! thanks in advance everyone. Look forward to chatting with all of you here in the future!

-JD

Which version of MMI do you have, rmc or MMI 3G? Different versions requires different setup and VIM activation.
In its simplest form you just hook up video to the AMI with the correct cable but resolution is pants. You will need some kinds of converter from hdmi to composite. You will also need to find a way to power the Xbox.

You would need some sort of 12V to 240V power adapter, but the series X uses a fair amount of juice around 200W. Then you would need to get a TV tuner, which would give you AV input, then you need a displayport to AV converter. The problem is not fitted all the stuff as it's not that hard, but the amount of power required to it all! You would need to leave the engine running while playing as the entire MMI system needs to be running (AMP, Display, 5F, TV tuner), DC to ac power converter, displayport converter and finally the xbox. Think the battery would last about 10 minutes with all at running. The final problem with be running it on a display with the most appalling resolution (800x480). I just don't think it's worth the time money or effort.

what b5nut said.
you might get away with an ami to phono input but not all these cables are the same, different variants etc, and that’s if you have an ami socket.
Next a device to essentially downscale a 4K signal to SD. Which would make the quality very poor.
vim activation will be needed if you want it running while driving.
i would doubt any of the ciggy lighter to household socket would provide enough juice to power all that so will need something more powerful direct from battery.
its a lot of money and effort for not a lot cause how often would you really play a console in your car.

Attachments

• 65787315-0420-424A-8C74-F0C3A5774EEF.jpeg
    65787315-0420-424A-8C74-F0C3A5774EEF.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 81
What about one of those old school Sega Megadrive portable devices that run off 4*AA batteries? They output normally to a SCART connection via the white / yellow / red phono connector. That’s 6V but suspect a USB 5V output would still be able to drive the device. Getting in some street fighter 2 action on the screen via the car speakers would actually be a nice parlour trick