Anybody retrofitted Isofix?

thanks for that...

have just gone to order bracket which is fine but cannot get any bolts as audi say they are now obsolete!?!?

Nor can I get any plastic guides...

Does anyone have any clues??

Thanks in advance!

Anthea

Anthea,

The Isofix bar part number for your car is 8D0813545 and the bolts are 8D0837453A and are described as Hex Socket Head Bolt (combi) M8x27. If audi say they are obsolete(which I very much doubt) get part no. 8L0837453 which is for the A4 and is described as Hex Socket Head Collared Bolt M8x27. I'm pretty sure that the A4 bolts will do the job.

The plastic guides for your car according to ETKA are part no. 8L0019235.

I wouldn't bother with the plastic guides to be honest, they scrunch up the seat and leave gaps on either side. I won't be using my plastic guides at all.

Hey guys - cheers for the info - just fitted the bars to my avant - and works just fine without the plastic guides.

Couldn't find the torque settings for the bolts anywhere on the forum so checked in with my friendly dealer who have confirmed reccomended torque of 30Nm for the bolts.

I have just read this whole thing in preparation for when I have children. Thanks to everyone for finding this info and testing it all out.

i have a 2002 a4, was wondering if i could retro fit the bars from a fiat?
i was thinking becuase isofix is all the same brand that maybe it could work?
or is each bracket different depending on the car make?

this furom is very helpfull.
this is my first post..but will be a regular now i have found this site.

steve

Don't forget guys that you're meant to buy a new rear bench seat retaining clip each time you lift the seat off. Dunno why but you are ! :uhm:

i have a 2002 a4, was wondering if i could retro fit the bars from a fiat?
i was thinking becuase isofix is all the same brand that maybe it could work?
or is each bracket different depending on the car make?

I can't see it to be honest. The dimensions of the isofix brackets might be universal but the dimensions/angles/mounting points onto the vehicle must all be vehicle specific I would think.

Don't forget guys that you're meant to buy a new rear bench seat retaining clip each time you lift the seat off. Dunno why but you are ! :uhm:

Whats one of those? That for a saloon?

I had both sides done in my S4 for our Twins. Cost £140 at Dulwich Audi. I know it's cheaper to do it yourself but I don't have the tools and wanted the peace of mind knowing it was done properly.

I have the Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix seats and bases and I fitted the bases without the plastic guides as it seems to deform the seats much less this way. I also bought some seat protectors from Mothercare which work very well:

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercar...1/279-7164974-7208764?_encoding=UTF8&mcb=core