Anybody used this tuning company for mapping

Best 1.8t tuner in the country is R-Tech in Leicester, well worth travelling for, they charge £250 including dyno, don't scrimp on a remap, will cost you more in the long run. Shark performance are also good, there maybe a shark dealer near you.

R-tech or b5... Shark just do off the shelf maps, go to someone who'll custom map your car... There is nothing wrong with a generic maps they have a place but there are better options ..

Shark just do off the shelf maps, go to someone who'll custom map your car... There is nothing wrong with a generic maps they have a place but there are better options ..

No they don't mate. I think you'll find that if you book a Shark appt @ Shark HQ then they will custom make you your map whilst its on the RR. They do both custom and generic maps. The latter being for their dealers like me but those maps can also be tweaked. I had a customers Seat Leon FR that was hooked up to VCDS and other gadgets for live runs (I know it isnt a dyno before anyone comments but it works) and it took 6 attempts to get exactly what the customer wanted.....and he loves it.

Last edited:
R tech all the way.had my a4 190sline done friday and transformed the car.thanks nic.

Just do your home work and only go with the ones which are highly reviewed and respected.
Cheap isnt always cheerful.
I know id choose a £300 remap specifik for my motor.
Than a generic one for £150.

I should know! It happened to me.

r-tech mapped my aum golf 1.8t -very quick now!

They travel also (or at least used to)

If its a generic map your after go revo and get a sps switch fitted, go 3 mates with a4 190 versions and me and pal on revo leave are pal on shark map! All same mods we just got the edge!

get the sps switch fitted if you do as you can then data log it and chage your settings as required if your doing track days like mwah and use better fuel etc..

There is a company in newport that do revo. Cant remember the name. Had a rolling road day there with a previous car.

Just tried looking for the company. Westec but they have gone out of buisness. Quite a few highly regarded tuners around south wales too. One called jj electronics had a good rep but again I dont know if they are still around. Try anx do a search and see what other people recon with seats and vws etc. I used to live in wales. Let us know how you get on.