Anyone been to Malta?

unkle

Beer God
Reaction score
As per title, anyone been to or lived and worked in Malta?

Ive been offered a few months work over there, I dont have any baggage in the UK to stop me going. I dont have to give my friend an answer for a few weeks yet so plenty of time to do a bit of research on the island, just wondered if anyone on ASN had any experiences of the place.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Yea, I've been to Malta. Fantastic place. Locals all speak English and are very friendly/helpful. Some great places to go and see. Keep away from 'Popeye Village' unless you want to spend an arm and a leg for a not so great attraction. For eating, I would highly recommend Raffaels restaurant in St Julians Bay.

http://www.stjuliansrestaurants.com/assets/img-design/raffael-photo.jpg

The churches are out of this world. Even if you aren't a religious person, you've got to go and see the churches. The Mosta Dome especially.

I could go on. Take the job, you won't regret it.

Nice place, bus service is the most simple in the world - If you want to go anywhere you pretty much get one bus to Valetta and then another to your destination from what I remeber.
St Julians is very nice (if a little pricey). Valetta, the capital, has a fairly small centre and has a really nice atmosphere. TBH I can't see any reason that anyone wouldn't enjoy the island...

Yeah worked over there on ships, and took the ex out there for a few holidays very nice!! st julians is def the party place (lots of strippers and that carry on) busy in summer.
some parts look a bit run down but its really just how it is, cruise terminal in valletta is nice for a few jars! go karting etc its denect enough place! go and enjoy!!

my dads from Malta and we visit quite often. absolutely beautiful place.