anyone bought a dash kit?

They've been discussed on here before mate and one of the lads bought one. He said it was just cheap tat and not worth bothering. Very thin stickers I think.

yea it even says on the auction its just stickers. i dont see how they stick to the dash tho? cos mines grainy i think..

Not a clue but I know from playing with stickers in the past its sometimes handy using heat on them so it could mold to the grain.

I think a better bet is to go to a professional vinyl sign maker and see whathe can do. Would be more expensive but a better job. I keep thinking about this but haven't tried it.

Ive got one and I am very impressed with it, from the same seller. I bought the brushed alu one, yes it is very thin, about 0.5mm but this means when its on it looks factory fitted. Very easy to apply and for £30 you cannot complain. If someone tells me how to post a picture I will :) I didn't put the bits on over the vent adjustment wheels as I though this was too much.

As long as it looks right mate thats what counts. Best way to host a pic is to upload it to somewhere like imageshack.us or photobucket. Then stick the link in your post.

Was the kit easy to fit?

Here you go ;)

Looks nice!

DashKit.jpg

Is yours pre 2000 facelift they are slightly different?

Yep pre facelift but he sells them for that dash too

ah yea im with it now. i have pre facelift with A/C

any more pics of chrome and brushed ally?

right ive bought it from germany. came next day i was well surprised... anyway heres some pics incase anyone else wants to see before buying..

Pic-0004Jg.jpg

Pic-0005Ana.jpg

Agree - piano black trim looks much better. Opinions, however, are like butt holes, everyone has one, and this is just mine :)

spuddie007 said:
Agree - piano black trim looks much better. Opinions, however, are like butt holes, everyone has one, and this is just mine :)

Thats the best quote ive heard in ages! pisser!

Has anyone ever fitted the S3 Piano black interior panels in a non S3 (I have a face lift A3 3 door)?

Where would be the best place to get a set from as I bet Audi are stupidly expensive for something like this?

Cheers

Before i had my S3 i had an A3 and i fitted the full S3 Recaro seats and all the piano black trims. Very easy as they're just clipped in but not cheap from the stealership.

The reason I ask is that I have just bought a Symphony 2 head unit to put in my face lift A3 as a replacement for the Symphony 1 but the colour of the radio compared to the surrounding plastic bits is different. Im guessing there was a period between introducing the facelift (late 2000) and introducing the lighter colour dash trims (mid 2001) that my car falls into as I have the darker panels and am having CAN bus issues with installing the radio.

My first thought was fitting the S3 panels but I suppose ideally I would be after the lighter grey panels from a post 2001 face lift car (these could be cheaper from Audi).

Do you know which parts would need replacing? So far I think I need:

ESP panel (Piano black or light grey)
Climate unit (double Din version) (only available in light grey?)
Gear lever surround (piano black or light grey?)
Inner door handles (Piano black or light grey)

Were the air vent surrounds changed to the new light grey plastic as well? Or does the above cover everything?

Do the door panels have to be removed to get the inner door handle surrounds off?

Cheers