Anyone done an 8V B&O Sub upgrade

B8on19s

Reaction score
Hi All

Been enjoying my S3 sportback for the last 3 weeks now. My Previous B8 also had the B&O but I did a 15 sub upgrade as the bass response was not completely satisfactory for me (the rest of the setup was perfect IMO).

I have the same issue with the S3. Although the bass is adequate when stationary, once moving, the bass seems to et drowned and I am considering a sub upgrade. Because this is a hatch, I don't wanna go big like on the B8. I am thinking a decent 10" in a proper enclosure (removable of course) will suit me fine (or possibly a flat 12").

Anyone here hazard an upgrade yet? Pics and ideas if you have will be highly appreciated....

Might want to try sound deadening first... Would probably make a big difference

How is the sub enclosed in the boot? Is it just free standing in the spare wheel or is it in a sealed/ported enclosure that sits in the wheel? Also what size is it?

Using some form of sound deadening such as Dynamat, Skinz etc can really improve the bass response of a sub, but not something I'd be tempted to do in a new car as once it's one you aren't going to be able to remove it. Also you could try turning up the sub in the MMI settings?

I've used these guys for pretty much all my car audio needs, they are fantastic:
Speakers and Subwoofers | Source Sounds

It seems to be a sealed enclosure (but is plastic :wtf: ) , dunno what size, probably 8"

The bass is decent when stationary but not enough for my personal taste (coming from a 15")

Don't wanna do deadening on a new car (although I have 10 sheets left over from previous car sitting at home). I have played with the settings and is satisfactory for now as I am stil keeping the music turned down just to hear the pops and farts from the exhaust ....lol

I've got an 8" in my current car but it only works well because of lots of tweaking with crossover's and a really good enclosure. Generally an 8" just isn't going to have enough depth or power to sound loud at really low frequencies but they are generally a lot faster / punchier at what they do put out.

I'd be tempted with a good 12" in an A3/S3, boot is big enough and definitely could fit a good custom enclosure under the boot floor to keep it hidden, possibly with its own mono amplifier so it's not sharing whatever multi-channel amp they are using in the B&O kit.

Where is the Sub located in the car? Mine is the 3 Door S3 with B&O!

The sub would be in the sparewheel well...