Anyone else had this?

greasy Thumb

Reaction score
been told by dealer once order is made its locked so no changing anything? Never heard of this unless build week allocated right away.

As far as I am aware the order becomes locked once you get a build week. I was able to change my spec twice after I placed an order.

Think he's talking p*^h

Order is locked 4 weeks before BW, Before then you should be able to make changes.

My lock-down e-mails have come once car is in production (Monday of BW). At that point i was advised that no changes could be made.

Your dealer is telling you porkies.............

Production codes:

Code 10 is Factory ordered with production week
Code 20 is Factory ordered production week confirmed
Check Point 8 is Production Completed
Code 30 In Transit from Factory
Code 36 Vehicle in Port not Released
Code 38 Vehicle in Port Released
Code 39 Vehicle on Ship
Code 40 Vehicle Landed
Code 50 Vehicle Transfered to Alternative Port
Code 60 Despatched to Retailer
Code 70 At the retailer

At Code 10, you can change your spec, but depending on which options you add, this may push back your Production Week.

At Code 20 the spec is locked, no further changes possible.

4 weeks mate. He is chatting doo-doo

Phone call to the dealer is in order I think as he is talking nonsense!! Plenty guys on here have changed spec and changed again right to the wire!! Unless your thinking of changing the model of the car!! Lol;)

My sales guy and manager refused to change at code 10.

Had to kick up problems at audi uk just to get them to change it, lazy gits.

I made changes to my order. Twice. The last two weeks before the build date.

I made several changes. Some were after I was given a build week (but that was still a long way in the future - A3 saloon!)
I suppose it could be that the poster is getting a dealer slot and it's being built very soon? What's the BW?

Thats good to know, mine has been pushing back on changes since the first time I changed to order, something about being able to "lock in" a build immediately via their system. I ignored that and demanded they make my changes, which they did.
The "lock in" is utter rubbish in my opinion it still took 2 months to get a build week.

Though I am glad they push back as I am still undecided on Alcantara vs super sport seats and whether to add Mag Ride + Wing back wheels. (have to have mag ride for these).

Which stealer was this?

Don't like naming and shaming unless its B'ham Audi, terrible place. Besides overall they are a polite bunch so don't want to say anything negative (about my dealer not Bham! They suck!)

I hate to admit it, but I changed my colour twice & added 3 more options even after I had a provisional BW

No probs with my supplying Dealer at all

Only been contacting Audi CS so not to hassle the Dealer any more lol

When i ordered mine through derby audi last year (oct/nov) for march delivery, i was still changing things on my order right up to the wire. I think I made 5 amendments in the end.