Anyone else having PocketGPSWorld POI & MMI display problems?

DickiePhitt

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Before setting off to France this week I downloaded the up-to-date PocketGPSWorld POI databases for speed cameras UK & Europe and was told my MyAudi/Your Audi/Whatever they had downloaded OK to the car.

I was careful to check every step of the process as I had the problems I am about to describe a few weeks ago when I last updated the databases in the car.

The first problem is that the new databases do not seem to have overwritten the old ones. eg the long-standing Avg Speed section on the M1 near Leicester is not identified, and many other omissions are evident - including one I submitted to PocketGPSWorld - but are on their on-line map.

The second issue I have is that the MMI screen (and to a differing extent the SatNav window in the VC) sometimes don't display the camera icon (the audible alert goes off). The MMI is the worst culprit, VC less so. Changing the zoom - 300yds to 200yds and back again - usually makes the icon appear. I've turned off all the icons, except POI, thinking it might be a memory/cpu capacity thing but am still getting the issue. The best compromise I have is to keep the VC content limited to the speed camera POI, but its still not displaying all icons.

I don't see taking the car in to the dealers as a feasible option as its not a repeatable/demonstrable thing and I suspect I know more about POI than they do.

Interested to know if anyone has had similar problems or can suggest a solution.

It sounds like icon problem as in size or zoom level.
Did you use any software to load info like mcaddy?

No, I just downloaded files to PC and used the tool on My Audi to update and download to the car.

I'll try making the icon files smaller. Also have deleted all special destinations, using the option on the MMI, and checked all speed cameras have indeed been deleted.

Now I've come to re-populate with smaller icons and up to date POI into the empty MMI I find that MyAudi looks to have had all the POI functionality removed - certainly can't find the pages I used a week ago!

This is what i used as the icon size is correct and it basically does it all for you.
1. Go to https://www.pocketgpsworld.com and sign up
2. Plug a usb and sd card in your Windows pc or laptop
3. https://github.com/mcaddy/audipoi/blob/master/Releases/SpeedCameraToPoi/v0.9.1.zip?raw=true download Mcaddy on a Windows pc or laptop and sign in using your Pocketgpsworld details and download the files you want
4. Plug the usb or sd card into your car (inside the armrest)
5. Go to Audi connect in your MMI and Software update option and select your usb or sd card and you done!
This works without any problems on my car

Thanks for setting that out. I may have to fall back on it, but its long-winded compared to' copying a few files to MyAudi on the PC and having them upload to the car automatically.

TBH I don't think there's an MMI option on the S5 to manually import, but will check.

My original Q's about missing icons and data not updating are as nothing compared with having cleared the POI on the car and then finding MyAudi POI update option has been missed off 1st Aug. update.

Does no-one else use the function?

Does no-one else use the function?

I use it, I have noticed its not there anymore though, in fact it doesn't even show my car anymore on the new MyAudi, just an error!