Anyone else not loving the silver wing mirror caps?

Thanks for this. My overall build came out £250 cheaper than the original price due to some of the new packs and things with the MY18 changes so might see if they'll throw a set of these in for free potentially... :)

#winner

Audi retail is £600 so hopefully they won't be a pain ..

#winner

Audi retail is £600 so hopefully they won't be a pain ..

£600?! Ok, I thought that the retail was £297 so I doubt that they'll give them to me for the difference then. Haha. Still, no harm in trying!

£600?! Ok, I thought that the retail was £297 so I doubt that they'll give them to me for the difference then. Haha. Still, no harm in trying!

yeh crazy. Peterborough Audi had 2x sets on eBay for £330 so I called him and he gave me another 10% obviously genuine parts, I guess they don't like having expensive items sat on the shelf.

yeh crazy. Peterborough Audi had 2x sets on eBay for £330 so I called him and he gave me another 10% obviously genuine parts, I guess they don't like having expensive items sat on the shelf.

Ah, that's fair enough then. I can't imagine that a deal like that will come up again any time soon... I'll maybe just ask them and see what they say. Can't hurt I suppose!

Reactions: zippster
The 'Beast' is awake!

Love the look
IMG 1901

Reactions: SPIKE_, Bristle Hound, ch_79 and 2 others
The car looks bauce in black. I would have gone for it if I wasn't such a lazy ****** with cleaning hah

Black does look awesome when clean, I only wish I had a garage to put mine in, it sits on the driveway and after 1 day it starts to look dirty and it hasn't moved yet :sorrow:

Reactions: Dunders and zippster
Love carbon, but in two minds about carbon on top of black.

Maybe if l see it in person ld think differently. I'm often in Basingstoke, I'll look out for you :racer:

ok one done at lunch today, incredibly easier than I was expecting!

honest thoughts please..

View attachment 131257
View attachment 131256
View attachment 131258
@zippster - For me an Audi S or RS car should ALWAYS have the silver mirror caps. Its all part of the S/RS 'thing' IMHO
Still think the silver caps look better
BUT it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing

If I spent £300 on mirror caps I would end up sleeping in the garden id SWMBO found out lol

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, zippster and Keef
....but they were a bargain! I spent almost twice that on OEM silver caps

Reactions: Bristle Hound and zippster
thanks again for all your feedback, I'm sure they are a little 'marmite' but after all this is why Audi provide such accessories / upgraded parts .. so we can be unique on the roads rather than all look the same.

today my ECS flush kit arrives too, so hopefully will look a little more 'different' ;)

cheers

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Keef
@Keef
Before
IMG 1990

After
IMG 1989

and the 10,mm spacer (didn't think it would make this much difference)

IMG 1987

Overall very pleased with the look and feel of this mod :)

Reactions: Soot1e and Keef
Reactions: zippster and Keef
Thanks for the feedback! I bought them from

For £297 and the part numbers are 8W00725303Q0

The part # quoted is for the version without the blindspot cut-out. Here in Oz, B9 S4's are specced with 'Blind Spot Assist", Part # 8W0072530A3Q0 and is significantly cheaper.
The 'Black Package' on a B9 S4 here has the black mirror caps as a mandatory option. We hated the silver & black, so purchased genuine Audi carbon-fibre caps and had them fitted by a body repair shop I trusted. If you see the underside of the cap, one will easily understand why.
I purchased them from:- https://europrice.us/audi
Alex there is friendly and professional, incl. good communication skills, and recommended by AudiWorld, US forum. Shipping was fast.
They were the genuine article, shipped out of Gloucester, Eng. (yes, a US seller) and even with shipping to Oz, was many $$'s cheaper than Audi.
To me, after quite some research, the Audi version appears to be the only genuine 100% carbon fibre (except for the attachment tabs) cap on the market. All others are a 'cf' layer over an Audi cap as a base. This is to maintain a perfect fit.

Thanks for the feedback! I bought them from

Peterborough Audi

Jez Wensor
Parts Supervisor
Peterborough Audi
Papyrus Road
Werrington
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
PE4 5BH

Tel: 01733 384444

For £297 and the part numbers are 8W00725303Q0

I know he has 1x set left, I'm in basingstoke and he posted them Monday, received them today!

feel free to mention my name (Andy W)
I think they work very well. I'm in Fleet so I shall be looking out for a mythos black S4 with carbon fibre mirror caps!

Just seen this thread and the CF mirrors looking amazing - great choice. When I started reading the thread it popped into my head about suggesting a group buy, but I see you got a good rate anyway!

If anyone is selling silver mirror caps, I'm interested in buying them.

I don't really like black mirrors, but I specified the black pack as I prefer it everywhere else

I personally like the silver mirror caps.
If anyone from UK selling the oem mirrors caps, i am interested to buy the pair.