Anyone else noticed Their Rs3 is quieter with the Warmer weather ?

Chris S 1245

Reaction score
Don’t know if it’s just me or if It’s just my ears playing tricks . But my Rs3 doesn’t appear to be as loud as soon as the weather was warm today .Less DSG bangs on upshift and less engine noise . Weird question I know but just noticed it recently . Don’t know if anyone else’s cars get quieter with the warmer weather . Cheers Chris

Don’t know if it’s just me or if It’s just my ears playing tricks . But my Rs3 doesn’t appear to be as loud as soon as the weather was warm today .Less DSG bangs on upshift and less engine noise . Weird question I know but just noticed it recently . Don’t know if anyone else’s cars get quieter with the warmer weather . Cheers Chris

If anything they should get louder when warming with the oil getting hotter quicker.

Sometimes mine does this and I can never work out why. The valves sometimes close at the most weird times. I’m looking to get a valve controller to keep them open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo cars are usually a bit meaner in cold weather due to intake temps and air density.

Also in colder weather the car will try and get the engine up to operating temp with different fuel strategy, if I recall correctly.

Mime definitely has a bit more rasp and shove in winter.

Physics.

yep ,my sounds quieter, but dont know if thats just because i have the sunroof and windows open more and now just used to the noise

My next door neighbour's RS3 during the winter is very loud and abrupt, and while it is of the same abruptness in the summer, it's not *as* bad. Still an annoyance as these council houses are made of paper, and uses what sounds like half the rev range to move it 3 feet.

My next door neighbour's RS3 during the winter is very loud and abrupt, and while it is of the same abruptness in the summer, it's not *as* bad. Still an annoyance as these council houses are made of paper, and uses what sounds like half the rev range to move it 3 feet.
If it is one of the later cars it has that stupid cold-start cycle to warm up the cats. It is the main reason to get mine mapped as they map out the cold start and wastegate rattle.

I don't need my engine to rev its b0llox off just to make its emissions cleaner 30 seconds earlier. It batters my mechanical sympathy because they do not make nice noises when doing this, plus I do try to be a good neighbour. :tearsofjoy: