Anyone else thinking of buying one of these?

New S4 Man

Reaction score
Looking at buying an edition one myself, had a sit in one the other day and the interior seems really nice.

@Sandra any chance of a subforum for both types? Notice this says Sportback. Cheers.

Reactions: Sandra
Will certainly look at doing that. Be next week sometime

Reactions: B5NUT
Hi,
I’m looking at the Q4 e-tron in S-line, but not many about locally, although there are a few pre built unregistered car at dealers a few hundred miles away. Not sure if Geyser Blue or Typhoon Grey as after a few black Audis I need a change.

Hi,
After more reading about the Q4, I’ve ordered a 35 S-line that’s at the docks waiting to be transported to the U.K. and amazingly had the spec I wanted. Should be with the dealer late November all going well.

Hi,
After more reading about the Q4, I’ve ordered a 35 S-line that’s at the docks waiting to be transported to the U.K. and amazingly had the spec I wanted. Should be with the dealer late November all going well.

Keep us posted once you got it. Congratulations on this purchase.

Hi,

I collected the car today and had a 120 mile journey back home. All went well, and had 90 miles left in the tank, so to speak. The car is amazing to drive and I’m sure it will take a few weeks to adapt to an electric car. Glad I went for Narvarra blue as it looks good and suits the car.

Attachments

• FEDE9AEB-C0DB-47BD-8439-A7DB184CBB8B.jpeg
    FEDE9AEB-C0DB-47BD-8439-A7DB184CBB8B.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 277
Personally, I think the Q4 is hideous like the rest of the Q range but each to their own. If you enjoy the car, that's what matters.

Reactions: tcardio
Hi,

I collected the car today and had a 120 mile journey back home. All went well, and had 90 miles left in the tank, so to speak. The car is amazing to drive and I’m sure it will take a few weeks to adapt to an electric car. Glad I went for Narvarra blue as it looks good and suits the car.
The long wait is finally over, congratulations on your new ride. Keep us posted on your future plan for this car.

Hi,

After a few weeks of driving the car, so far so good, and really pleased even though it’s taken a little while to get used to it. Regen braking is a new experience, and I’ve had a few occasions where I’ve slowed far too early so find myself a few hundred yards away from the junction! one bonus it regen does add a few miles, so that add a few miles to the range on most journeys. The car is very comfortable, rides well on 20” wheels and as expected, very quiet on most road surfaces. Range anxiety is slowly disappearing, and over the last few days I’ve stopped looking at the ‘miles left’ on the dashboard. I was told all drivers of electric cars do this for a few weeks. Space inside the car is great, particularly for those in the rear who have a lot of leg room and no transmission tunnel to worry about. I have the Sonos sound system option that’s amazing and the quality is very good. The tech is ok, especially the touch screen, but as ever, the myAudi app can be a bit flakey, although there are meant to be some updates to improve the functionality in December. I plan to retrofit the raised floor in the boot as that will hide the charging cables that at present are scattered across the boot. The cost of parts is around £260 and I will follow the instructions posted by a Q4 owner on another Audi forum.

In summary, a great car and I’ll update the forum on how things are going.

Hi Sandra,

As
Hi Sandra,

Would be great if you can look at modifying the Q4 forum
Hi Sandra,

I hope you are well.

Can we possibly have a sub-forum for both types of the Q4 as I’ve recently purchased the standard version so wanted to post a short review about my car, as well as mention a retro-fit I have planned.

Thanks

Graham

Hi,

After a few weeks of driving the car, so far so good, and really pleased even though it’s taken a little while to get used to it. Regen braking is a new experience, and I’ve had a few occasions where I’ve slowed far too early so find myself a few hundred yards away from the junction! one bonus it regen does add a few miles, so that add a few miles to the range on most journeys. The car is very comfortable, rides well on 20” wheels and as expected, very quiet on most road surfaces. Range anxiety is slowly disappearing, and over the last few days I’ve stopped looking at the ‘miles left’ on the dashboard. I was told all drivers of electric cars do this for a few weeks. Space inside the car is great, particularly for those in the rear who have a lot of leg room and no transmission tunnel to worry about. I have the Sonos sound system option that’s amazing and the quality is very good. The tech is ok, especially the touch screen, but as ever, the myAudi app can be a bit flakey, although there are meant to be some updates to improve the functionality in December. I plan to retrofit the raised floor in the boot as that will hide the charging cables that at present are scattered across the boot. The cost of parts is around £260 and I will follow the instructions posted by a Q4 owner on another Audi forum.

In summary, a great car and I’ll update the forum on how things are going.
Hi Graham

Really good feedback, thank you. We are awaiting delivery of our Q4 - do you have nay more info regarding the false floor please?

Hi Graham

Really good feedback, thank you. We are awaiting delivery of our Q4 - do you have nay more info regarding the false floor please?
Hi,

I ordered the parts from my local dealer, who sent me an email saying the parts are on back order, so may be a wait! Something a lot of people are used to after waiting months for their Q4.

The part numbers are below, and I asked the dealer to confirm the part numbers are correct for my car before they were ordered. Didn’t want to be charged for a special order and find they were incorrect, so best to get confirmation.

Floor panel: 89A861529 8P9 £183.17 + vat currently back ordered
Left side plastic support: 89A863423 £16.28 + vat also B/O
Right side plastic support: 89A863424 £16.28 + vat also B/O
Bolt n10751101 £0.71 +vat each X6 required stk available at V

The dealer offered to fit these for around £115, but after seeing a forum post on fitting the floor it doesn’t look too difficult to do myself, and it will save money. Also, I’m not convinced the dealer will drill holes in the floor if they are missing, or cut the plastic legs off the side panels!

As soon as the parts arrive, I’ll update the forum.

I had a good look over one back in the summer while I was waiting to collect my car from being serviced. I was really impressed with the interior - very chunky and aggressive dash with screens angled towards the driver and bags of interior space. I also like the exterior styling, although it doesn’t depart far from the usual Audi lines.

I won’t be buying one however. I’d be spending around £50K to get the model and spec I’d like and I’m not yet convinced about the range or the avaiLability of charging facilities, whatever reassurances people on here give.. Apart from those cons I’ve had to give up driving due to eyesight problems so my interest in cars now is purely theoretical. I shall still follow the progress of EVs however as they are unquestionably the future of motoring and the industry is adapting fast.

I looked at one today, but passed as it doesn’t have the size to replace our A6.

I like the e—tron 50, but the sub 200 mile range is putting me off.

My neighbour has one on order, he ordered it many months ago and Audi have not provided any date at all for delivery.
He's well miffed by the total lack of information.

Hi,
Unfortunately that seems to be normal, and if you look at the various Audi Q4 forums, lack of communication is the number one is issue. You can expect a wait of 12-18 months depending on the spec. Although things are improving, but don’t hold your breath. One positive is if they ordered it a few months ago, it will be price protected as Audi increased its prices from July 1st. And maybe worth looking at the ‘New cars available’ page on the Audi website as cars do appear here, and they could get lucky if the spec matches what they want. I can say after owing my car for seven months, it’s amazing. Good luck.

Hi,
Unfortunately that seems to be normal, and if you look at the various Audi Q4 forums, lack of communication is the number one is issue. You can expect a wait of 12-18 months depending on the spec. Although things are improving, but don’t hold your breath. One positive is if they ordered it a few months ago, it will be price protected as Audi increased its prices from July 1st. And maybe worth looking at the ‘New cars available’ page on the Audi website as cars do appear here, and they could get lucky if the spec matches what they want. I can say after owing my car for seven months, it’s amazing. Good luck.
As you mentioned, it may also be worth checking the "New cars available" page on the Audi website to see if any cars match the desired specifications. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your Audi after owning it for seven months. Best of luck with your future Audi Q4 purchase. https://intercarex.by/audi-e-tron.html