Anyone else underwhelmed by the B&O system?

I ordered the CS pack , not for the sound as I know it will be utter gash in comparison to what I prefer to listen to , but simply to gain reverse camera , why Audi have packaged this abomination is simply to encourage higher retail of after sale value given that the un educated will assume the brand name of B & O will increase the retail re - sale value of an inferior product .

Given the additional cost of the CS pack Audi should be supplying premium audio such as Alpine audio with Dirac live capabilities and make the package attractive instead of forcing those who prefer functions such as reverse cam to pay for a crap sound system on top 2p worth

Reactions: DreamInCode
I ordered the CS pack , not for the sound as I know it will be utter gash in comparison to what I prefer to listen to , but simply to gain reverse camera , why Audi have packaged this abomination is simply to encourage higher retail of after sale value given that the un educated will assume the brand name of B & O will increase the retail re - sale value of an inferior product .

Given the additional cost of the CS pack Audi should be supplying premium audio such as Alpine audio with Dirac live capabilities and make the package attractive instead of forcing those who prefer functions such as reverse cam to pay for a **** sound system on top 2p worth

Sorry to break it to you but The reversing camera is very poor, should of just fitted your own seems stupid paying £1000 just for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YA335TDI1STED
I mean if Audi A3 had the option to spec the Audi Sound system 10 speaker for ¬ £300 i would probably ticked that box instead. However I will pass judgement on B&O until i get it. Shame there's no CD drive to test, would have to be mp3s or lossless via USB.

In what way do you consider the reversing camera to be very poor?

Just In comparison to my previous, it sits out all the time so gets dirty very easily and it’s just not as clear and as good a camera as the one I’m used to! Does what it needs to Do I suppose

Just In comparison to my previous, it sits out all the time so gets dirty very easily and it’s just not as clear and as good a camera as the one I’m used to! Does what it needs to Do I suppose

My comparison point is the pop out camera on my Golf mk VI (which seems to be a feature unique to Golfs). Compared to that, the A3’s is more likely to be compromised by dirt / moisture but other than that it has a higher resolution, a larger field of view, better night vision, better guidelines and a higher refresh rate.

(A problem that can occur with pop out cameras as the car ages is that they can occasionally not pop out! (At least that’s the case with mine.) Ford seem to have a good solution to the problem of dirt / moisture obscuring the view of external cameras, they have fitted a washer jet to the camera on the new Kuga.)

Reactions: 8YA335TDI1STED
I wonder why they haven't fitted a washer nozzle for the rear camera , a Y piece splitter a nozzle and a bit of hose from the rear screen wash would be all that's needed , does anyone know if the washer nozzles are heated ?

My comparison point is the pop out camera on my Golf mk VI (which seems to be a feature unique to Golfs). Compared to that, the A3’s is more likely to be compromised by dirt / moisture but other than that it has a higher resolution, a larger field of view, better night vision, better guidelines and a higher refresh rate.

(A problem that can occur with pop out cameras as the car ages is that they can occasionally not pop out! (At least that’s the case with mine.) Ford seem to have a good solution to the problem of dirt / moisture obscuring the view of external cameras, they have fitted a washer jet to the camera on the new Kuga.)

Mine on the Mercedes had a wide lens option for when reversing out a bay with cars on either side you could literally see down both sides of the road, was superb. And I had mine for 5 years and never had any issues.

To have it sitting out like it is was just disappointing but it does the job!

Reactions: chevy117, DreamInCode and AdamInKent
My Merc A class had better camera as standard. Had sharper, higher resolution, wider angle and clearer image in low light. Also used to fold in, so no getting dirty by mucks.

Reactions: chevy117, AdamInKent and db23
After just over 500 miles in the car, I have come to think the B&O system is brilliant. I came from a 2017 VW Tiguan with the Dynaudio system in it which I thought was good but very boomy and one setting more was unlistenable if that's a word.
I use full surround sound and I think its got great clarity. id messed about with my dads A8 with the B&O system in it so knew kind of what to expect. very happy overall so far.

Reactions: Dburns1990, db23 and DreamInCode
Where is the subwoofer located? My last one in my Q2 was in my boot. This one isn’t on the S3 8Y?

Where is the subwoofer located? My last one in my Q2 was in my boot. This one isn’t on the S3 8Y?
It is in the boot - it’s on the left side though rather than in the wheel well

Reactions: viperfire
Is it a lot smaller then? The one is the Q2 was the size of a space saver spare wheel :)
It might be smaller judging by my ears. Or it's because it's stashed away under the trim/insulation. Previously had a Seat Ibiza with the Seat Sound and sparewheel sub (the unit was larger, but I'm not sure the actual sub speaker would be any smaller or larger) that one seems more powerful however the B&O amp is def more powerful. When music is playing and I open my boot, I can def hear the sub thumping away.

So there are 17 speakers on the B&O? Eg...dash board 4 speakers, A pillar 2, front doors 4 in total, rear doors 4 in total, C pillar 2 speakers and boot 1 sub?
8 speakers front 6 spakers rear plus one sub left in trunk total 14+1