Anyone ever had their alloy wheels stolen?

Clart

Audi S3
Reaction score
Is this type of crime common these days?
I've never known of anyone had it happen to them, apart from some guy at an illegal rave years ago I was parked next to... They pinched his alloys off his Nova and just left it on the deck...

The reason I ask is that the other week I had an issue with two missing wheel bolts and the remaining three were loose... Hence wobbly, noisey and dangerous NSF wheel... The car passed it's MOT 2 weeks previous...

I'm thinking that some scumbag had ago at them and got disturbed...

I didn't have any locking wheel nuts at the time...

I just assumed this type of crime was a thing of the past...

what you mean had.....?

So you have no locking nuts:think:

I HAD no locking wheel bolts...

And now I do have locking wheel bolts...

Do you need me to draw you a picture? :think:

Just breaking it down for you in simple terms...
What was your suggestion?

Locking wheel nuts do make it harder however even with the nuts alloys aren't always safe (had friends work around this... dodgy friends yes... like most my friends haha), depends how desirable the wheels are and where the car's parked.

bentley-on-blocks-2.jpg

Last edited:
Dammm... If only you had locking wheel nuts and didn't create a thread crying over the security of your wheels...

Reactions: audi_partner and WOLF
I have got locking wheel BOLTS! And I'm not crying... I have got some magic beanz for sale though, I'll give you maximum discount as I think you'll be back for more! Have we got a deal?

Save loosing wheels and trade said "magic beanz" for a cow to ride.

Last edited:
Locking wheel nuts do make it harder however even with the nuts alloys aren't always safe (had friends work around this... dodgy friends yes... like most my friends haha), depends how desirable the wheels are and where the car's parked.

bentley-on-blocks-2.jpg
Dumb asses, the brakes are worth more than the wheels...

Reactions: Blackwhite, Lavis89 and DieselJake
Should imagine if a thief knows what he's doing and is carrying around tools to get normal nuts off they'll probably have a decent selection of sockets to get off locking wheel nuts

I've still got them just to try and deter a opportunist. all depends how much they want the wheels i guess