Anyone fitted a Parrot to a Symphony II with Bose?

AlexRS3

Reaction score
I have a parrot CK3000 evolution to fit to my A3 which has a symphony II radio/cd changer with Bose. I have the radio out and the there are 2 plugs attached to the radio, one is a normal ISO connector and the other is a wider type plug.
Yhe parrot comes with 2 normal ISO connections.

So do i need some sort of adapter to convert the wider plug to a normal type ISO connector?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

Anyone fitted a Parrot to a Symphony II with Bose?

Fitting the Parrot is OK, but the bird seed makes a hell of mess in the car - Sorry couldn't resist that one !

i've fitted the parrot to a symphony II without bose for the guy who bought my last A3.

There should be three connectors on the back - two 20 pin ISOs (one black, one brown) and a third wider one. The 20 pin ones are the ones that connect to your parrot connectors (although the colours don't match - from what I remember black goes into brown and brown into black). the third, wider, connector is for a CD changer and should be left in the back of the radio.

yes i saw a how to on an a4 and it had 3 connectors but mine only has 2 connectors one black normal size one and one black wider one! :think:

Alex2.0T said:
I have a parrot CK3000 evolution to fit to my A3 which has a symphony II radio/cd changer with Bose.
There's only 3 connections - TEL MUTE, TEL NF+ and TEL NF- - and they're the same whether you have Bose or not.

The Bose will make it a totally active setup, so no speaker connections on the loom at the HU.

Parrot may do a set of cable adapters for your kit. The HU has a tel mute and tel in.

I've gone Alpine active and so modified the Parrot loom and run an external speaker on mine.

The phone in on the Audi HU was a great feature - shame the aftermarket ones don't do the same.

Paul

MarcQuinlivan said:
Have you the Symphony II or II+?
Alex2.0T said:
yes i saw a how to on an a4 and it had 3 connectors but mine only has 2 connectors one black normal size one and one black wider one!
That means it's a Symphony II - since the II+ has a very big square single Quadlock connector.

Since you've only got 2 connectors, you've got a problem fitting the Parrot - you need a missing connector!
The bigger of the 2 connectors (Connector I) has the connections for the line out to the Bose amp, the CAN bus and the CD changer.
The smaller (Connector III) has power, Bose, K-line and alarm connections.
To connect the Parrot you need Connector IV - pin 1 is the Tel Mute, pin 3 is LF+ and pin 4 is LF-.

I will get a couple of pics of the back of the hu and see if that helps.

PetolDave, can i get this missing connector or is it something i have to make up? It is getting a bit confusing now, maybe when i post some pics i will understand it better?

Alex2.0T said:
PetrolDave, can i get this missing connector or is it something i have to make up? It is getting a bit confusing now, maybe when i post some pics i will understand it better?
If you've got a friendly parts guy at your local Audi take the unit in and tell him you need the plastic shell for Connector IV and 3 repair leads (to get the actual connectors and wires), failing that try your local Halfrauds.

Here are a couple of pics of the back of my radio and the connections if it helps??? Thanks

Looks different to the connectors on the back of the Symphony II in my old A3. I'm nearly positive there was a black and a brown 20 pin connector. You appear only to have a black 20 pin one.

Do you have a picture of the ISO connectors on the Parrot kit?

The parrot is as per the picture below (found on internet)

elec134_rkj-ck3000-08.jpg

that looks about right.

from what I rememeber, the brown 20 pin from the back of the head unit went into the black connector and the black 20 pin from the back of the head unit went into the grey connector on the parrot. (I remember that because I originally tried to jam the black into the black, only to crack the connector before realising the black went into the grey one!)

looks like either you are missing a connector at the back of the radio, or they've changed the wiring. My old A3 was Jan 2004, how old is yours?

looking at the photo of the back of your head unit, the "missing" brown connector should be in the middle slot.

I assume you've had a dig around in behind the head unit to see if the brown connector is buried down there?