Anyone free to do some error coding?

BBlackburn

Reaction score
I need some error codes sorted ASAP need new MOT or can't get to work, I don't mind driving to anyone if there not ridiculously far from Epsom. Please anyone
Thanks

That would be great I'm literally 11 miles from central London where could you meet?

Fixed!

Alarm chirps, error codes cleared, nav re-coded, and a set of Silvertec indicator side repeators.

Good to see you, and best of luck with the MoT.

And now go and get some Rain-X from Halfords!

Yeah thanks to everyone else for their offers but warren managed to sort everything! Out for me appreciate that warren nice to meet you to, just got to halfords now actually. Went for one error code came bag with more than I bargained for.
Cheers
Ben

When you say nav recoded... Do you require the "code" to do this? Also is setting the alarm chirp a 5 minute job?

When you say nav recoded... Do you require the "code" to do this?

Radio code - no, list of options so you can set the long code description yes.

Also is setting the alarm chirp a 5 minute job?

2 minute! Knowing where to look helps, but if you want to do it let me know and I'll type up the process flow / codes

Yeah thanks to everyone else for their offers but warren managed to sort everything! Out for me appreciate that warren nice to meet you to, just got to halfords now actually. Went for one error code came bag with more than I bargained for.
Cheers
Ben

No probs mate, glad to help.

Funnily enough the error code turned out to be more than we both thought, ended up having to dissemble and reconfigure the light switch internals for the headlamp and then the error codes could be cleared. Kept us guessing for a bit, but it's all good. Wondered why code wouldn't clear, but if any of you get a headlamp switch related failure after you've had it apart, it basically means you've not put it back together or aligned it properly. Thankfully Ben had a bootful of tools which meant we could fix it and he could prize out my Silvertec side repeaters and ensure Audi didn't get them for free when I traded my car!

Radio code - no, list of options so you can set the long code description yes.

2 minute! Knowing where to look helps, but if you want to do it let me know and I'll type up the process flow / codes

Unfortunately I dont have vagcom so I'd pop down your way to get it done. With coding a satnav.. Planning on getting a 2011 model, if it doesn't have the code would you be able to swap my 2007 mode and code it in?

Always happy to help out with VVCDS / VAGCOM coding.

All I need is a radio code (not sure you can recover the radio code with VCDS if you haven't got the code), and then it's a 2 minute job.

As I'm in Berkshire isn't that a ****** long journey? I think there is a VCDS / VAGCOM sticky somewhere on the forum with a list of owners / locations so you can find someone local to you and save mileage costs. Always happy to do it, but just conscious it's about a 3.5hr drive from Cambridge to here!

I'm in the situation as Rob, I dont have vagcom so looking for some help. My kit (8P0 035 193 G, previous Chorus IIIorIV in A3, 2011) should arrive next week. Where are you based in Berks?
Cheers

By the way - which vagcom do you have, any recommendation?

Last edited:
Latest VCDS software and one of the original cables from NHN(not sure on version number, but it's the usual hex can USB jobbie).

Always PM location as there are too many thriving pikeys scanning the web.

Many thanks warren!
Perfect - its not far away:)
I'll let u know when the kit arrive.
Cheers
windy