Anyone got 09 chrome headlight switch

NHN

Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Guys, me & my parts guy are having fun finding the correct headlight switch for my car as there's a few & the one we ordered is wrong even though it clearly says in fully up to date ETKA it is the aluminium trim version, typical audi for something so simple.

So anyone got the new facelift with the aluminium trim around the headlight main dial/switch but it must have the interior light level dial, coming home button & the DRL on/off dial & of course RHD uk car.

If you have all these specs please can you give me the part number from the headlight switch/unit, there would be 2, 1 is for the whole unit the other is for the interior lights level/drl on/off, both is ok as can work out which is needed from them.

Basically identical to this but RHD:

A3_TT_Switch.jpg

Thanks in advance.

NHN

Got mine from Vagparts, £41.55 + vat and postage. It's the right hand drive version of the one in the picture with the chrome trim, DRL's, coming/leaving home button and auto lights. Part number 8J2941531E-5PR. Vagparts got the part number from the new TT as they said it was the same switch.

Hope that helps.

lol, thats the exact one we ordered from the TT, how ****** weird is that mate, now thats definitely got me going as I know it was right from day one, ****** audi factory are useless, parts guy is brilliant so I know he ordered correctly

Yeah thats perfect fella thankyou very much as I spent days checking etka as there are literally loads of them & its not very specific at all, to get one with all of these features takes bit of checking, luckily its returnable but I can tell him its correct part & we were right but maybe labelled wrong.

Just 1 question, I assumed plug n play fitment for wiring & does the led light up ok on the dial now as it now has this fitted huh.

Yep, just plug n plag. The three connections are exactly the same on the back. The led's for the rotary switch and the coming/leaving home button are on all the time from the minute the ignition is switched on, the rest of the led's come on when the lights are turned on.

cool saves me getting my meter out & rewiring, one job of the list, lol, many thanks again.

Does anyone have the part number for this with out the coming home function?
So just DRL and interior light level
For £40 I'd be keen!!!

Does anyone have the part number for this with out the coming home function?
So just DRL and interior light level
For £40 I'd be keen!!!

Your best bet would be to give Vagparts a call. When I ordered mine they said there was loads of options but just asked what functions I had and sorted it out.

8J1 941 531 G this is the part number for lhd cars.
Got it in mine.

To take the old one out, you just put in on "O" an push it in a bit and turn it to the right. THen pull it out.

To put the new one in just do the same backwards :)

Really easy.

Tim

I want one of these for my car but without Auto and coming home function - this possible?

Is it possible to retro fit comming home??

thanks

Is it possible to retro fit comming home??

thanks

Just leave your lights on when you get out the car and the battery will drain after so long which will turn them off.....

Sorry could not resist!

lol, & yes you can retrofit coming home, if I can remember where the link is I'll post, its either on AS or navplus.us

Dont fully trust etka for the new headlight switch as me & parts guessed it was the TT E version & I have checked with another person & I also checked a new TT on forecourt which has the E version but my E version turned up with no alum trim but showed label as E version, reminds me of the H & J post on AS at moment for another part, labelled as H but assured its a J version by audi themselves, lol, work that one out.

Audi parts will, if the item you wanna check is in stock in audi milton keynes, allow it to be returned, if its an order item from factory they will not allow return whatsoever, so maybe vagparts is best or make sure its a stocked item at audi warehouse before ordering so return possible.

Update, the parts guy with all the confusion & the refitting of the brighton audi offices ordered the 8P2 version instead of 8J2, lol, ok bit of a pratt but I will let him of given how much time he spends on **** for me, usually he's ****** good, so hopefully have that switch very soon.

NHN

Update, the parts guy with all the confusion & the refitting of the brighton audi offices ordered the 8P2 version instead of 8J2, lol, ok bit of a pratt but I will let him of given how much time he spends on **** for me, usually he's ****** good, so hopefully have that switch very soon.

NHN

So does that mean Audi and Etka are correct after all.

yeehaaa, got me new switch today amongst others things & works a treat, just need to wire in my drl's properly now when I get my adaptives.

Audi parts will, if the item you wanna check is in stock in audi milton keynes, allow it to be returned, if its an order item from factory they will not allow return whatsoever, so maybe vagparts is best or make sure its a stocked item at audi warehouse before ordering so return possible.

I think you could make use of the distance selling regulations on that one. Especailly if you call them up and order the part, and they send it to you.

Then they are legally obliged to accept returns.

If you call in, order it, and then collect it once you have walked out with it then it's fair enough, but if you check it in the dealer, realise it's wrong, then again, they are legally obliged to accept it back. They will of course argue that their terms and conditions say otherwise, but unfortunatly for them, their terms and conditions are over ridden by consumer law. That just sometimes has to be explained to them :)

Andrew

Nah mate doesnt appply cause they actually send it to one of there other brand garages which is down road from me & I pick up from there so its not distance selling at all but you're right if was a mail order yes it applies, only out of courteousy to me does the parts guy help me out, as I buy things fairly often he doesnt do this with other buyers, I do more trade than trades accounts, lol.

yeah later fella as got my head in the can gateway, rns, pdc, u name it my heads in it today & probably my ******** later if it doesnt work out, lol, lol