Anyone got a 3.0 V6 Quattro Avant?

The dude on here dpbayly has one, the dolphin grey avant. I seem to recall him saying it was similar mpg to the 1.8t.

Thanks james and Crazy is right. mines better than my 245BHP leon cupra and by a mile on a long run. its also mapped and helped very slightly not much but the power delivery is 70% better not especially mid and high range very torquey

Must admit, I've always fancied one myself. I love dpbayly's one.

I'm very tempted, but the MPG is half that of my TDI lol

I know exactly what you mean mate. I've considered a 1.8t, 3.0 and even an s4 many times, but the hit in fuel consumption would just kill me when I have to fill up twice as often! Still, the note of a petrol engine would possibly be worth it, especially a v8 ;)

I think if my current car was a quattro I could hold back easier.

we had a dolphin grey manual with the gmbh kit and was a very nice car, i did find it a bit heavy on fuel though not really that much better than an s4 but all the quattros are a bit on the juicy side. engine sounds lovely and we had a milltek and s4 wheels on ours which made it really nice and no where as fragile as the s4, in my opinion its perhaps the best all rounder of the range (in terms of reliability and drivability) if fuel economy isnt a really major priority on short journeys, stretch it's legs and they're a lot better

people tend to often overlook them which i think is a real shame

If I hadn't of pumped so much money into my car then I'd be up for getting one, I especially like the sound of one with a milltek. I've always wanted an s4 just for the fact that it's a v8 and sounds gorgeous, especially of a milltek is fitted to one of those! If I could find a 3.0 avant just like dpbayly's, dolphin grey (cos that's the best colour by far! :p ) with a full votex kit and goodies like what I've fitted to mine such as coilovers, rims, rs4 buckets, FBMFSW etc, then I'd swap mine for it today.

You're all supposed to be saying "oooh don't get one, stick with the TDI 130" :laugh:

Thanks guys for the comments on mine,

As has been said they are a great strong engine and the MPG in my opinion is not to bad with my slightly heavy foot mine sat around 20.7 but since my remap 300 miles ago its been going up its currently sat at 21.9 and seems to still be rising, my experience of a 3.0 v6 remapped is like Paul said it really makes it come alive on the move such as on the motorway plant your foot and it pulls like a train,

Driven nicely I'm sure it would return 24-25mpg and all with the great sound of the V6,

Handling is great with the aid of the RS4 rear anti-roll bar and dropping which makes it a great joy to drive.

So to sum up the 3.0V6 IMO is a great engine to have in the Avant it's a joy to drive eats up motorways and still fun on the twisty stuff.

Do these come with bigger brakes as standard over the 130 Sport TDI?

I'm pretty sure they do, but can't remember the sizes. I seem to remember dpbayly mentioning his were bigger than a 1.9tdi when he upgraded his 3.0V6 to some HUGE brakes.

I would take a turbocharged engine over a NA engine any time, they may lag a little off boost but as soon as the turbo is on full chat you need to hold tight ! I would look for a tidy v6 tdi with a custom remap, larger nozzles and a hybrid turbocharger, best recipe to +250 Bhp and 35-40Mpg with 550-600 Nm of torque from 1500 rpm's all the way to redline ! V6 either petrol or diesel are the king of the motorway and 120-140Mph is no problem for either of them...

Cheers gents, very tempting I have to say, it's just the miles per tank that is holding me back