Anyone got a new A1?

KenL

Reaction score
As per title - discuss.

I’ve just ordered a new A1 style edition this morning plus most options hopefully should have delivery in March / April will share some photos and opinions when delivered why are you thinking of changing to one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly. My current deal on an A3 ends in September so A1 is a possibility.

Did you manage any discount on your order?

I didn’t no as it’s a factory order all you typically get is the Audi finance contribution on the car at the time. Currently all that is on this model is £335 as it’s new release further down the line that might increase.

I find you typically only get bigger discounts on list price for ex demonstrators or cars they already have in stock and want to shift.

Reactions: KenL
Carwow would have been worth look as there are discounts of over £1k available on the new model built to my spec. We used this service when I purchased my A1 from my local dealer even though they were initially offering a lower discount, but after a discussion, they matched the best offer I had received from Carwow.

I’ve just ordered a new A1 style edition this morning plus most options hopefully should have delivery in March / April will share some photos and opinions when delivered why are you thinking of changing to one?

Snap! Chronos grey delivery late March, buying the car so did get 7.5% discount. Also noticed today Audi have added an accessories page after the equipment page on the configurator so you can now have alloy pedals etc. There’s also a £650 dash cam option!!!

Karl :racer:

Last edited:
What is the style edition?

There are 6 specs (editions) of A1 - SE, Sport, S-line, Competition, Contrast & Style. Style edition is either grey or green & has leather interior plus other upgrades.

Karl

Aha! I thought there was just se, sport & sline.

hi, ordered s-line 14 Jan, what engine did you go for?

If asking me (the OP) I haven't ordered but am interested.

I would go for the 30 tfsi or whatever the stupid name is.

Have same engine in my A3 and it is excellent.

The style edition is only offered in a 35 tfsi. I test drove the 30 tfsi stronic and to be honest I was more than happy with that only thing is the s tronic gearbox was a bit slow shifting at times with this engine I’m hoping it’s better with the 35 I ordered I have read that it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: K4RL and KenL

Hi, ordered s-line 14th Jan with delivery end of March. what engine did you go for?

The style edition is only offered in a 35 tfsi. I test drove the 30 tfsi stronic and to be honest I was more than happy with that only thing is the s tronic gearbox was a bit slow shifting at times with this engine I’m hoping it’s better with the 35 I ordered I have read that it is.

I have also gone for the 35 tsfi. (1.5) I 'm guessing is the same engine across the VAG group if so have you seen the reviews of it on the other group forums, VW, Skoda and Seat. Have a look at the VW t-roc forum.

Reactions: GroundZeroUK and KenL
I like the look of the a1 s line competition.....i am considering this or a cooper s or jcw mini...but only thinking at moment...probably change this time next year

I like the look of the a1 s line competition.....i am considering this or a cooper s or jcw mini...but only thinking at moment...probably change this time next year

I've owned 5 MINIs. A JCW or even a Cooper S will be an amazing drive compared with the A1. Not everyone wants a drivers car so the A1 looks like a great compromise.

I've owned 5 MINIs. A JCW or even a Cooper S will be an amazing drive compared with the A1. Not everyone wants a drivers car so the A1 looks like a great compromise.
Im unsure which way to go..but in no rush...so can take my time and try all over the next year...but reckon mini jcw will be hard to get a decent discount.. ut in 12 months i reckon a good discount will be easily achieved on the a1...but unsure

Decent discounts are available on MINI and finance rates are lower.

Reactions: Daz4311
I have also gone for the 35 tsfi. (1.5) I 'm guessing is the same engine across the VAG group if so have you seen the reviews of it on the other group forums, VW, Skoda and Seat. Have a look at the VW t-roc forum.

I haven’t seen anything no all good I hope?

There are 6 specs (editions) of A1 - SE, Sport, S-line, Competition, Contrast & Style. Style edition is either grey or green & has leather interior plus other upgrades.

Karl
Have Audi done away with "options" now then when the car is ordered? That was the rumour due to WLTP.

I drove an A1 at Audi recently (the one litre 3 cylinder version) and loved it. Bit down on power vs what I'm used to though of course ;)

TX.

Reactions: K4RL
We’re collecting our S-line 30 1st March. Local deal matched CarWow but did offer me ‘first service free’ to pick it up early on a 68 plate. At the time of order it was the only engine available but seemed pokey enough but similar to @terminator x was not quite what I’m used to but not as extreme.
Great little car which will be shared with eldest lad who’s just passed his test. Nicer than my first motor by a long way.

Reactions: Terminator x and KenL
So for the last 3 years been driving a golf r-line 1.4 dsg 150hp & have had no issues with the engine, good balance between power & economy. Before that had a polo bluegt which had the same engine.
Test drove a 30 & compared to the golf I felt there was a significant difference so have opted for the 35.

Karl

Reactions: weegee, KenL and GroundZeroUK
So for the last 3 years been driving a golf r-line 1.4 dsg 150hp & have had no issues with the engine, good balance between power & economy. Before that had a polo bluegt which had the same engine.
Test drove a 30 & compared to the golf I felt there was a significant difference so have opted for the 35.

Karl
what spec have you gone for. Has anybody had a test drive in the 35.