Anyone got door locking/unlocking audio chirping working?

psychopomp1

Reaction score
As per thread title, has anyone managed to get this working on their A6 C8 using VCDS/OBD11/Carista? Can't seem to get it working using Carista (have already emailed them).
Cheers

Yes mine works buddy I did the long coding not the app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: psychopomp1
Yes mine works buddy I did the long coding not the app

Thanks, so it's possible after all on the C8. May I ask how you did the coding? 'Dummy's Guide' if possible :icon thumright:

Got this working in the end. Had to buy an OBD11 dongle and an el-cheapo Android phone and in the OBD11 app, simply enabled this in the 'app' settings. IMHO OBD11 is far better than Carista, lots more options and not as buggy.

iOS now has long coding buddy

Did you get the official dongle or a cheapy eBay version?

Got this working in the end. Had to buy an OBD11 dongle and an el-cheapo Android phone and in the OBD11 app, simply enabled this in the 'app' settings. IMHO OBD11 is far better than Carista, lots more options and not as buggy.
Hi, What other options for customisation does the OBD11 have over Carista?
The only useful thing Carista gave me was Scandinavian DRL and needle sweep.

In OBD11 you can do additional stuff like activate AM radio (its off by default), a Travel Mode menu (useful when driving on the continent) and parking light option:

Thanks for that- seems a few more features and better description of what they mean that with Carista

My 2019 car came with AM activated and Parking Light to one side or the other (determined by indicator stalk) from new