Anyone got some DIY Wheel refurb tips?

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi all,

I got a good deal on a set of BBS CH reps that im going to paint satin black. The paint is in very good condition on 3 wheels, with maybe 3 - 4 stone chips tops on each wheel, the 4th wheel has approx 4" of light curbing on the rim. I have a few questions before i start though!

For the stone chips would people recommend filling them and sanding down? or would a few coats of primer do a good enough job of covering up the chips.

Should i be using 1200 wet and dry to key the existing paint job before priming, then key the primer with 1200 before the black paint goes on?

Can you feel the chip with your finger? Where are the chips? I have resprayed a few sets of wheels so it depends on how much work you want to put in. The more you put in the more you get out

A couple of them are on the sides of the spokes, and a couple on the rim. I'm willing to put some time in so up for filling the chips if necessary. They're a range of thicknesses, a couple i can probably smooth the edges with wet and dry then you'ld never notice, a few are pretty deep