Anyone got the S4 on fixed servicing interval?

Keef

Reaction score
Asked my dealer to set mine to fixed, but judging by the pic below I'm not sure it is, unless it takes a while to calculate?

When I collect the car it hadn't worked out a reading was just showing ----/---
Expected it to be pointing towards a little under 9000 miles and 365 days (it did on my old S4)
Can some check there's if you are on fixed oil service?

Cheers
Keef

IMG 4248

That's set to variable I believe. Looks like mine does on variable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keef
Thats definitely variable, mines on fixed and started on a countdown of circa 9000 miles and 365 days.

Looks like variable. They just don't get it do they. If I was doing this again I'd leave it and get 1 year oil change at an indie like @jdp1962 did.

Thanks all
Thought so, but as I've only just covered 1000 miles the oil
Does even look right for variable

Reactions: scotty76
Thanks, I'm well aware what service interval I should be on as I said in my original post.
Point is doesn't look like the dealers have set it right.

Reactions: scotty76
Which is why I stated they come set at flexible and you need to ask the dealership to set it as fixed. Obviously, from the link I sent, and your picture, they haven't...

But he did. First line of the post... "Asked my dealer to set mine to fixed"

Yes but quite clearly the dealership has failed so the car needs either to back in or go to another. I had this with both my a4 and my a3. On the a3 when I took it in for a service after a year the changed it to fixed. With my a4 despite my request to have it set to fixef before I collected the car it wasn't, howver they did it there and then. As I stated all cars from the factory come set as variable.
Its not a big deal anyway, we used to manage to survive perfectly well without being nagged all the time.

My rs3 at one year offered me the choice in the MMI service oil now at one year/3k miles or I could click reset to variable one click that was it showing another year or 18k miles it was Audi told me to look and do it