Anyone got their old front brake pad with a sensor lying around?

davej_anderson

Reaction score
Am looking to upgrade my front brake pads to some Ferodo DS2500 pads on my 2.0TFSI quattro. These pads don't have the wear sensors so thought I'd use an old sensor and connect the wires on that rather than trying to put a wire on the current sensor.

So, anyone got their old front pad with the sensor lying around?

Am happy to contribute to the beer fund for postage :beerchug:

Am looking to upgrade my front brake pads to some Ferodo DS2500 pads on my 2.0TFSI quattro. These pads don't have the wear sensors so thought I'd use an old brake pad sensor and connect the wires on that rather than trying to put a wire on the current sensor.

So, anyone got their old front pad with the sensor lying around?

Am happy to contribute to the beer fund for postage :beerchug:

Why do you wanna upgrade your front brake pads? Is the old sensors better than the one you're currently using? I'm quite confused on this. My friend is looking for a replacement for his brake pads but we're both newbies and don't know where to look and buy for a good quality pads. Do you know a good brand for brake pads?

Why do you wanna upgrade your front brake pads? Is the old sensors better than the one you're currently using? I'm quite confused on this. My friend is looking for a replacement for his brake pads but we're both newbies and don't know where to look and buy for a good quality pads. Do you know a good brand for brake pads?

Upgrading the pads to a decent set of pads is a simple upgrade as the OE pads aren't designed for tuned cars. Its got nothing to do with the wear sensor - most aftermarket performance pads don't have them so unless you bodge a connection on the end, the brake pad level warning light will come up on the dashboard.
Lots of people highly rate Ferodo, especially the DS2500.
(I still haven't gotten around to doing this)

You could just go old school (crazy, I know) and take a peek at your pads every now and then to see how they're faring! Modern luxuries are blooming lovely though, so I definitely see where you're coming from.

davej_anderson - I sent you a PM about my S3 brakes for sale, did it reach you?

Unfortunately I threw mine out on the weekend...

Why can you not cut the plug off your old pads?

Hi i sent you a pm i have the audi pads off my a3. A pic is easier if this is what your after let me know.

Image0063.jpg