Anyone had Audi price match for new tyres?

RPB

Reaction score
As topic really. Just wondering what 'proof' they asked for in order to match the price.
I have my winter tyres stored at Audi so use them for my yearly swap around when required.
It's about time I binned my 2.5mm Assym' 2's and got me the 3's :)

When my wife's TT was having a service last year at the local Audi garage they gave me a call to say a couple of the tyres were on the limit. I rang the locally well known place I normally go and had a price for all 4 tyres as the others were getting low. I called back and they said they would match. I expressed concern that they could do a perfect job and received lots of reassurance.
When I went to pick up the car all 4 wheels had chunks out of the rim. They then had to refurb all 4 wheels. I will never use them again. In my book it is more about quality of job and not just the price.

Agree - so many places don't seem to care particularly when undoing the wheel nuts. The alloy is easily marked by those semi auto tools ... I normally take photos of the wheels before.

When my wife's TT was having a service last year at the local Audi garage they gave me a call to say a couple of the tyres were on the limit. I rang the locally well known place I normally go and had a price for all 4 tyres as the others were getting low. I called back and they said they would match. I expressed concern that they could do a perfect job and received lots of reassurance.
When I went to pick up the car all 4 wheels had chunks out of the rim. They then had to refurb all 4 wheels. I will never use them again. In my book it is more about quality of job and not just the price.

I find this shocking. I've had Audi in Nottm swap my tyres yearly from winter/summer and never had that. Wow. I agree though it is about the quality of job. I've always used other places previously and had great care taken as well by them. There is nothing worse now we all have alloy wheels that damage easily