Anyone had the Audi UTR fitted / retro-fitted?

Hmmm...as the OP, I'm now rather glad I self-installed a BlackVue DR750 now, mostly because the dealers were continuing to say they could fit S4s, but S5s - it's a shame that so many have a bad experience with the UTR - it seems like all the hard work has been done, but the last 10% makes the difference between shoddy and useable.

I was actually looking at the BlackVue 750 & 900 last night and thought that I should have gone for that brand - maybe too late now - depends on my impending battle with Audi. If I get the UTR removed & my money back (a long shot, I know), would you recommend the BV ? Any weaknesses.

btw: OP ?

Thanks

I was actually looking at the BlackVue 750 & 900 last night and thought that I should have gone for that brand - maybe too late now - depends on my impending battle with Audi. If I get the UTR removed & my money back (a long shot, I know), would you recommend the BV ? Any weaknesses.

btw: OP ?

Thanks

OP? Meaning? - Original Poster.

As to the 750, the app isn't the fastest to download over wifi - I tend to take the unit out and remove the card - mostly because my phone is usually connected to the car and changing the wifi to the cam is a faff. Pictures excellent, mac software's good for reviewing the video.
Basically no real issues at all with it, most oft he time it just sits there doing its job - haven't downloaded anything from it since May.

Result !
===
"If you would like to book your vehicle in for us to remove the camera and issue you with a refund we can do that for you.
Sorry for my delay in getting back to you I have been out of the business and also waiting for my service manager to advise me on what to do.

What date is convenient for you to get the car in to remove the camera?"
===

Formal rejection / complaint letter to Audi through the "Resolver" website

Reactions: koolkul
An afternoon of calls & research.
The Thinkware F800 Pro looks to be the way to go

Nice, I was considering that as I previously had an f770, nice bit picky with Micro SD cards. Nice app for reviewing the video. Reasonable night image clarity.
I expect f800 to be better. Do you know the max SD card size?

Result !
===
"If you would like to book your vehicle in for us to remove the camera and issue you with a refund we can do that for you.
Sorry for my delay in getting back to you I have been out of the business and also waiting for my service manager to advise me on what to do.

What date is convenient for you to get the car in to remove the camera?"
===

Formal rejection / complaint letter to Audi through the "Resolver" website

That is a result!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bit picky with Micro SD cards.

Oh yeah - forgot that; the Blackvue is exceptionally picky about micro SD cards, in fact, I have only ever got their supplied one to work (old ones, new ones, high speed, low speed, the DR750S rejects them all). Now I think about it, on that basis, I wouldn't buy one again.

Nice, I was considering that as I previously had an f770, nice bit picky with Micro SD cards. Nice app for reviewing the video. Reasonable night image clarity.

I've got a transcend 128GB in my F770 - works great.

I think the F800 will take 256GB. Look at these threads:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/128gb-thinkware-sd-card.30346/

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/f800-pro-256-gb-support.36558/

Sorry for delay -was away a couple of days.
Nan find nothing definitive, but a review site advised hat 16GB fitted can be replaced with a 32GB

Now looking wider for the next camera. There are lots available, but the same few keep coming up on searches. One's like OWL have just come to my attention, so will hold fire. Once bitten etc..

Sorry for delay -was away a couple of days.
Nan find nothing definitive, but a review site advised hat 16GB fitted can be replaced with a 32GB

Now looking wider for the next camera. There are lots available, but the same few keep coming up on searches. One's like OWL have just come to my attention, so will hold fire. Once bitten etc..

No worries. Still waiting for the dealer to remove my UTR, so be sure to let us know what you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive had one for 3years now it promised a lot and delivered Little it is functional and the factory option, but there are so many better options avalibe now , I would look at a better newer option, you should be able to take advantage of the fused supply that is already in place from the UTR for the new camera with will save some hassle too