Anyone have 2014 maps?

allanmb

Reaction score
Does anyone have 2014 maps on their A4? I think that would be map version 6.17.3. I want to find out if a little bug has been fixed in the software, and if so, try and wangle a free upgrade ;-)
Cheers

The fairly well known random play bug. If you have music on usb or sd card, select random play, it never remembers random when you turn the ignition off. Instead it will revert to consecutive order.

Mine has always done that and I have 2014 map, but mine is a B7 with mk1 so its probably not helpful.

Does the 2014 update give you 7 digit postcodes too?

Thanks

Not sure if this is true but dealer told me only cars from 2013 onwards have 7 digit postcode even if you get the latest maps

I think MMI 3G and 3G+ do 7 digit postcodes, but 2G doesnt

I think MMI 3G and 3G+ do 7 digit postcodes, but 2G doesnt

My car is a late 2009 with MMI 3G+ (Tech Pack High - have the two 2D cards and SIM card slot with HDD etc) Does this mean that if I bought updated 2014 maps I should hopefully get 7 digit post codes?

Its pretty poor that it doesn't support them as standard; even on a 2009 car!

Thanks
Anees

How do you get the maps off the MMI? Are they locked to the car?

The 7-digit postcode search is nothing to do with the maps and everything to do with the type of firmware that is running on the Navigation device.

Hazzydayz will put non-standard firmware (not intended for a 5-digit postcode car so not a question of simple up-versioning) on your car at the same time as a map update.

I am very pleased with their work.