Anyone in the bearing and seal industry?

Boundy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I could do with some help sourcing a replacement rotary shaft oil seal. I've fired emails and pictures off to a few suppliers but not heard anything back yet.

The seal is unlike any I've seen before, it's manufactured by a Japanese company called Arai Seisakusho (ARS)

It like an upside down top hat, with a spring ring in the shaft seal.

It's stamped with the numbers B 28 SD 12 26 7 HS

The seal is fitted to a water pump that is in turn fitted to a 2000 CBR600f, the pump in no longer available from Honda, so I'm trying to rebuild it.

I've attached a few pictures please let me know if this is something I can get my hands on and where I can buy it from, cheers.

20200515 153802 compress82
20200515 153802 compress82
20200515 153732 compress67
20200515 162528 compress81

I'm not surprised you can't get the water pump direct from honda anymore but the seal should be available, even a new old stock pump could be on a shelf.
I had two Suzuki RL325's and 99.9% of parts were no longer available but there are smaller bike shops out there that keep or have access to most parts , you'd be surprised .
A lot of honda engine parts were used across a wide range of engines etc over several model years , just because you cant source the pump now , you should still be able to find the seal part or suitable alternative.
I have some tel numbers of small honda bike shops that keep a lot of older parts , NOS etc.
I'll see if I can find it, weather they are open though is another matter.

Just realised that's the cover , but if the cover is available then the seal will be also.

The seal was never sold by Honda as a spare part only the complete pump.

19200MBW306 is the part number and all the online places list it as unavailable

complete pump aswell , is this your year/model .

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-31_16-56-59.png
    upload_2020-5-31_16-56-59.png
    83.7 KB · Views: 212
this one above replaces yours, looks like a stock item aswell.
just search with that part number now.

upload_2020-5-31_16-56-59-png.203878

but at least it is a complete new pump, from experience honda water pumps tend to be problematic once they start becoming worn or one start pulling them apart.
I'd just go for a new complete assembly for peace of mind and ease of repair or search for the new by revised part number.
Going the seal route may take longer and may not be your only issue.

best of luck chap.

It wasn't even this seal that was leaking, it was the mechanical seal water side of the pump that had a tiny weep but there was no way I could pull the pump apart and without renewing all the seals. I've already managed to source the mechanical seal and the carbon ceramic part for the impeller. I'm confident in my ability in rebuilding simple pumps like these, it's just a right pain that Honda decided to use non standard rotary shaft seal design in the pump rather than a standard double lip shaft seal that I could get over the counter for 50p.

It must be available somewhere, it would be very unusual for a company like Honda to design a pump around a 1 off customs seal, they are Kings of parts bin specals, using the same parts across Car, bike and marine

Exactly , it will be available under a different part number etc, probably loads sitting around on a shelf.
As much as i'm a big fan of getting just the parts etc , sometimes I just give in out of sheer ease of fitting and messing around.

I needed I rear axle shaft bearing for my old Kubota L225 tractor a few years back, Kubota don't stock it anymore after 45 years and other sources failed to find the correct part.
I guy I know that works on trucks and used to live Poland said , give me the part number and a pic and i'll get you one, a week later he'd sorted me a pair of the exact part , posted to me for £15.00
so yes , anything is possible.

What about emailing ARS directly with the part number and pic, from there website they do a large range of rubber seal product for numerous applications.

What about emailing ARS directly with the part number and pic, from there website they do a large range of rubber seal product for numerous applications.

I have emailed ARS, just waiting to hear back, I've already got the mechanical seal, like in the picture you've posted, I've also emailed them to seeal if they can also do the shaft seal