Anyone know about audi's

10blazin

HYPERDRIVE NEEDED
Reaction score
Hi people Ive got a problem with my car that Ive brought up a couple of time's now but i still haven't sorted it ..

My car when i get to 50 to 70 depending on road surface is vibrating from the front , Ive had it in at Audi and they say drive shaft's and everything is OK , they said my CV joint on the left has worn and needs replacing and the boot on the CV joint on the right needs replacing to ..

I bought a new CV joint last week and had the left replaced thinking job done how ever when i went on the motorway to my absolute wanting to cry guttedness its still vibrating , could it be the right CV joint ?? although it does sound like it's coming from more the left or centre of the car , I really need this sorting as I'm trying to sell the car before my son arrives next month if i cant I'm just gonna sell it to we buy any car and IL lose out big time ?? please guy's whats your idea's on this do you think it could be bushes , inner CV joint's

Ive had the alloy's and tires checked ive even had different alloys on the car but what ever the vibration is it's coming from the front of the car and the vibration gets faster as we go faster , But audi say wheel bearing's are fine ?

Can anyone shed some light on this or a decent garage in manchester that i can go and they can sort this problem with out replacing loads of parts

does the vibration go away if you go up to 50-70mph and then put it into neutral and coasted? or does the vibration only occur when you are putting load on the engine?

if its the latter then i would suggest it could be an engine mount.

It vibrates with or without load even when i take it out of gear and im coasting its like a thudding vibration i can slightly feel it in the steering wheel but it doesnt get any worse when braking so i cant see it being the brake disc warp either

I did how ever hit a deep pothole with the left wheel at about 50 it banged really hard and it bent the front alloy slightly , About a week later the vibration started so i replaced the alloy and swapped it to the back ive put to different alloys on the front and still does it im puzled would a bent drive shaft do this , You see audi doesnt seam to want to help because the alloys arnt oem and the spring's are h&r's

Last edited:
I once had a vibration like this but it was an engine mount and gave a clonk under on/off power...

If you hit a pot hole its possible to bend/damage the reinforcing in the tire.. It dosnt show up on a balance etc but on the road you reach a speed where the tire dosnt have time to get back into shape before its done a rev so you end up with a flat going round with the tire if you get my drift.... that can cause a vibration. I had this on my A3 after the last snow caused pot holes last Feb.

Yeah i thought about that paddy hence changing the 2 front wheels and put my space saver on the back left ? still vibrates

Its either CV joint right , inner CV joints or bent drive shaft , I just need to confirm it somehow and get it repaired it cost me 150 to have the left CV joint done i know its not alot of money but at the moment even paying the bill's is impossible...

So it was basically a waste of doe having the left CV joint done , Because the boot has gone on the right i think the right CV joint could be dried out IE no grease

I was thinking to take the wheel of and inject the boot with a load of greece to lubricate the joint maybe that will tell me if i need to change the right CV boot ?? would this work do you think ??

Could be a knackered damper blazin. If you hit a pothole it could of poped the seals in the damper.

If you've ever seen a knackered damper on a car when driving the wheel sort of bumps and rebounds merrily along with every undulation of the road. You'll have seen it before as it looks kind of strange. Taxi's old knackered fords are renowned for it :laugh:

But if youve hit something and nothing is noticibly bent it could be an option. You could try someone driving it and you driving along side it and watching each front wheel to see if it just absorbs the rutts / bumps of the wheel bounces. Although the bouncing would only be if the damper is extremely shagged and not just a bit faulty.

Clutching at straws I know but it is a possibility.

Yeah i know what you mean its just the more bumpy the road the noise is less , But when im on like a new section of smooth motorway so to say its much more noticeable

?? I dont know them, other than what you've described above, I'd be checking the usual suspectd, Antiroll bar bushes, ball joints. But I'd start with the other CV joint. If its dried out chances are its goosed and needs to be replaced. I understand you dilema though as it might just be another £150 down the drain so to speak.