Anyone know what this is?

Q5 TRS

Reaction score
can't find another picture of it anywhere. the thing in the cupholder.

Screenshot 2021 03 25 at 205746

I thought that at first but its got a plastic top so cigarettes would melt it. looks awkward to be a coin holder. I had the iPhone 5 and key holder on my 8V, still have it actually but only used it for a short while before I upgraded to phone 6 and it wouldn't fit.

Reactions: AdamInKent
I think it's for the key as well - I still use the old lift up lid ashtray for my garage door remote etc - Taken it from car to car

Last edited:
Have you tried a reverse picture search? Might bring up the original image from the internet and where it was originally posted - hopefully it’ll be a selling site where you can get one.

Wonder if my coin holder thingi from another prevoius VAG car would fit....previous gen though...hopefully they kept all the cupholders the same dimensions.

Wonder if my coin holder thingi from another prevoius VAG car would fit....previous gen though...hopefully they kept all the cupholders the same dimensions.
My 8V Cup Holder Fits ok

Have you tried a reverse picture search? Might bring up the original image from the internet and where it was originally posted - hopefully it’ll be a selling site where you can get one.

Not yet but will do. I cropped an image from Audi media website where it shows videos and photos taken by Audi for press release and they can download original pictures for their articles etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk