Anyone know where to get a Forge Boost hose kit for the PD170

max69vk

Reaction score
Before anyone says it... Forge have apparently discontinued the kit & I cant find anyone with it in stock!

I've got a suspected boost leak & for the price of the OEM hoses I might as well buy some uprated ones, so any help here would be welcome!

Erm how about forge lol ?

awesome gti have them if you live close to them then go there

fr-r tuning have them as well there in bradford

midlan vw do them

my mate at CCtuning burton on trent can order them i think hes forge dealer

awesome gti lol crap at customer backup

Reactions: TDI140
Awesome don't have them in stock, neither do Forge. It looks like most places take the order then get them sent out direct from Forge rather than actually stocking them.

I ordered mine from awesome nd they cane within the week and came with wrong size couplers so had to ring forge and they said no worries and sent about 10 different ones and said i can keep them nice and tight fit wortg the money as my oem hoses were really weak and squishy

I wouldnt bother..........

i bought the kit and in the end only 3 out of the 4 hoses fit without issue

initially they didnt send any jubilee clips. Then it turns out TWO of the connectors were incorrect and the actual EGR hose is too big so it rubs against the aircon pipe and when fitted collapses in on itself

i wish i had saved up for the Darkside hardpipe kit but there we go

I wouldnt bother..........

i bought the kit and in the end only 3 out of the 4 hoses fit without issue

initially they didnt send any jubilee clips. Then it turns out TWO of the connectors were incorrect and the actual EGR hose is too big so it rubs against the aircon pipe and when fitted collapses in on itself

i wish i had saved up for the Darkside hardpipe kit but there we go
i found it pretty good tbh and its not even that pricey saying there thick quality silicone and alloy couplers, also i got jubilee clips with mine, i also found that my car was holding boost much better thats the stock ones still to this day feels much better with the forge hoses

i found it pretty good tbh and its not even that pricey saying there thick quality silicone and alloy couplers, also i got jubilee clips with mine, i also found that my car was holding boost much better thats the stock ones still to this day feels much better with the forge hoses

guess you got lucky then!

Forge did send out the connectors and clips but at the end of the day my car has been in the garage 3 times and a complete kit is still not fitted and as a result its passed the time I can now send them back

If they have been discontinued that makes the 2nd Forge product I have bought that has been!! The first was a pancake pipe for my old 130 TDI Golf. That rubbed on the driveshaft. When I spoke to Forge they claimed they had sold hundreds without a problem. About a week later the product was no longer for sale..........

they are helpful on the phone but their quality control is very poor these days IMO

Cheers Chris, but I've actually messaged all of them & the standard reply is...

'We've contacted Forge & the kit is no longer available, sorry for the inconvenience we'll be removing the listing soon". :(

Ok, so Forge's official line on this is as below...

'they were pulled due to too many issues between UK & EU and model inconsistency'

This has thrown me a bit as I haven't been able to find a single difference in the OEM UK or EU models boost hoses. Hate to say it but it sounds like there was some other kind of issue going on.

Look on ebay there will be some one there, dont know why people had issues pd140 one son my car are perfectly fine 100tkmes better than the standard crappy squishy hoses

Look on ebay there will be some one there, dont know why people had issues pd140 one son my car are perfectly fine 100tkmes better than the standard crappy squishy hoses

He has already tried eBay, he has received messages saying they are no longer able to get stock from Forge.

Just wait out and see mate, hopefully they bring out a revised kit.

Did you contact Forge?

Thats what i mean keeo checking ebay to see if someone is selling some, never know when something pops up on ebay

If you read my first reply you will see the problems I had

apparently the pipework was revised between the 07 / 08 build models hence why the connectors I initially received were wrong. However how they got them wrong when they had my reg number and access to ETKA when i placed my order with them, one can only guess!!