Anyone managed to get a locking wheel nut off that's damaged

robps3

Reaction score
Tried to take one of the wheels off noticed that the wheel locking nut is damaged, I bet Audi did it when it was in but I know there not going to admit to it. If I use the locking wheel nut In the bolt on the wheel it just spins out the edges have been burred.
I've ordered some locking nut removal tool from Amazon which arrived Monday and bought some has metal bits as I might be able to drill out the middle then get a hexagonal nut inside it and it out. So frustrating it does but ever so slightly then slips of the nut in the wheel

Attachments

• 20180505_152815.jpg
    20180505_152815.jpg
    842.9 KB · Views: 277
Have you checked your other lock nuts? If Audi was the last place that serviced your car with wheel removal. I would be standing outside the service manager's door. As that is irresponsible to leave a nut lock like that. What would happen if you had a puncture?

I’d pop round to your local tyre place. I bet they could sort it out in minutes.

Reactions: sve170
thanks guys, yeah it was in Audi for thermostat but as my mate said there is no way they are going to admit to it. Im worried they are going to damage the wheel if they try to take it off so im tempted to try drilling out the middle section and then getting a hex bolt in it. was trying to put my new wheels on today gutted

If you have s socket set, find one slightly smaller than the diameter of the locking nut and bang it on, then remove with a breaker bar if tight.

19mm socket and a hammer does the trick pal. Just take your time and you will have it off in no time.

thanks all, i even called the AA and he had a hammer around and couldnt get it off, god knwos what they tightend it with. Went to a local tyre shop and he used a impact bit that sacrifices itself best gbp14 ive spent in ages, wish i had gone down there yesterday lol
watched loads of youtube and i was tempted to get the socket and try that well thats was going to be my last resort. but sorted and made a friend at the garage place that runs a local car club so good day.

Reactions: sve170, RAF_S7 and MikeParkin