Anyone moved from a B9 S4 to B9 RS4?

Probably James

Reaction score
Hi all,

Currently have a B9 S4 saloon but getting a dog so was thinking of trading it in for an RS4. Has anyone moved from one to the other? If so what are your thoughts re driving experience?

Obviously the move is due to it being an avant (don’t like the look of the regular non-wide S4 avant) but I have been considering getting an F80 M3 instead of the S4 as I’ve found my current car a bit inert on the driving front! Installed a set of KW V3’s and forged wheels and it also has the sports diff but I still find it pretty unrewarding, hoping the RS4 would be more engaging whilst also giving me a big boot!

Cheers,

I loved everything about mine other than the very poor noise it made. S4/5 sounded better imho.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
43c4db00e085c6a2cf609e5cbbbba4c2.jpg

Reactions: 8YARWY and THQuattro
I loved everything about mine other than the very poor noise it made. S4/5 sounded better imho. TX.

43c4db00e085c6a2cf609e5cbbbba4c2.jpg

LOVE it @terminator x. Have you any regrets going to the M5 CP?

To the OP, I have no experience on either an S4 or RS4, but if you have the opportunity to own an RS4, then it would be a no brainer for me. It is one car I must try at some stage - on the bucket list so to speak.

Thanks for the info. Lovely looking thing!

My concern is it looks the business but drives similar to my S4, need to go and test drive but that doesn’t always tell the full story! I was going to solve that by getting an F80 M3 but need an estate!

Anyone gone B9 S5 to B9 RS5 to comment on driving experience?

LOVE it @terminator x. Have you any regrets going to the M5 CP?

To the OP, I have no experience on either an S4 or RS4, but if you have the opportunity to own an RS4, then it would be a no brainer for me. It is one car I must try at some stage - on the bucket list so to speak.
I do miss the 4 as it is / was such a great looking + fast car especially as I had a tuning box on it so 520hp and 560 ft2 torque (should have been like that from the factory imho)! M5 is awesome though and I do love it. RS6 may tempt me back though ;)

TX.

Reactions: FBF01 and SPIKE_
How’s the driving experience RS4 to M5? Night and day?
The RS4 is a stunning car in every way, just a bit too quiet for me. M5 though is significantly faster (640ft2 torque from 1500rpm ish), louder (love the V8) and does seem a bit wider somehow, squeaky bum time on every small lane! The M5 is probably comparable to the RS6 I guess rather than the 4.

Weirdly I get tailgated way more in the M5 than I ever was in the RS4 or 3! Everyone it seems wants to try it on ;)

TX.

Reactions: Probably James and 8YARWY