Anyone on here got a Nokia N70?

Kevint

Reaction score
Website
www.lickmyear.org
If so, what do you think of it?

I've been offered one but have not had a chance to get in the shops yet and get my mits on one.

Kev.

I couldn't stand it and sent it back after three days of trying to cope with the interface. Swapped it for Motorola v3x which is just as big a pile of s$%t but I made the mistake of buying some Micro-SD expansion cards for mp3 playback on it; so couldn't really return it.

Just got to wait for the new Sony Ericsson K800i. Slick interface, 3.2megapixel camera and it's 3g.

Most of the mobile companies give you 14 days to try the phone. Give it a whirl and swap for somethig else if you don't like it.

Good luck, whatever way you go.

Matt

Yeah, I know what you mean, although the N70 interface isn't much like Nokia's of old.

been looking at the n70 as they will run tom tom, this saves me getting a pda just for sat nav .. anyone used tomtom on the n70 ???

Got a N70 and apart from the toggle switch which is really fiddly i got no problems with it. Good camera and video. Altogether quite impressed and compared to my V3, its like chalk and cheese, many more functions!!!
I don't have Tomtom on it, but use route 66. Its not quite as good as Tomtom, but serves the purpose. Only had one prob with satnav......the phone locked and needed to be rebooted, apparently a problem with smart phones.

It turned up in the post today - got to say when I unpacked it I was not impressed - bulky, not the most ergonomic and a different charger adapter size! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Charged it up and turned it on, looking better now. I'll register it tomorrow and see how it goes.

The 2 main reasons I was going back to Nokia was everyone has a phone adapter for them (not this one) and I love the UI (and this one is different). It'll have to impress to stay.

Kev.

Two of my mates have the N70 model...and both of them reset themselves all the time. Both mates have called their providers and nokia just to be told that "The phones are very much like pc's and need to REBOOT every now and again by themselves"!!!! Yeah right what a cr@p excuse..... i take it hasn't happened to any of you lot yet!

I'm hanging on for the N80, with a 3megapxiel camera, wifi, and a load of other goodies. Supposed to be out in April. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

I just got the Nokia 6280, doesn't seem as plasticky as the N70. No problems, and one of the easiest phones i have ever used, but that's not hard coming from that rubber nokia one for 2 years.

Been running an N70 for a few months now, my main gripe is the slide for the camera which can open itself in your pocket and take random pics.

Oh have a load of games for it too, if anyone wants them drop me a pm and I can email them over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Iv had mine for 3 months and it looks like its been to 'Nam and back.. covered in dents. As mentioned before the camera is really poorly thought out and keeps openind up in your pocket taking photos and draining the battery. I dont find the interface very 'instinctive' either but it looks nice.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have Tomtom on it, but use route 66. Its not quite as good as Tomtom, but serves the purpose.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you get sat anv on the phone and how much? Anyone else find the buttons a bit small or is it just me

I have had an N70 for nearly a month and its really slow when going into contacts and running through the menu, I agree with the camera slide / pocket problem too.

My main gripe is that my old 6630 paired up nicely with my Sony Bluetooth HCB-100 but the N70 crashes as soon as I start my car.

Also the buttons are too small for my sausage fingers

Verdict: Crap so don't bother wasting your upgrade allowance!

We have used the N70's for work and there ok but nothing special IMO.

You would probably be better off getting one of the new blackberry handsets that have been launched recently, there a similar size and a bit more user friendly.

just my 2p's worth

[ QUOTE ]
You would probably be better off getting one of the new blackberry handsets that have been launched recently, there a similar size and a bit more user friendly

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup already been told this, they have wifi too dont they?