Anyone ordered from ECS?

Stu_b7

Reaction score
So just a question about ECS Tuning in america,
I have been looking for a new sports cat and downpipe for the Audi recently and can’t seem to find much around.
I have seen ECS do the two together at a good price £280, the only thing stopping me is the customs charge, I have no idea what this will be and can’t seem to find a way of working it out? So my question is has anyone else ordered from ECS and know what the charges would be?

The last time I checked they won't sell directly, you need to go through an outlet in the uk.

I messaged them yesterday and they told me they would post to the uk but wasn’t sure on customs charges

That's a change then as when I contacted them a few months back they would not do it .

Just a shame we don’t have a uk shop like that really, Awesome are good but no way near the stock ECS have

I ordered a FMIC from the US for one of my previous cars, it was £630 for the IC but with customs charges that went up to just shy of £900!

That was a long time ago though

Reactions: Stu_b7
Ouch!! I think it all depends on original cost of the item so I think it would work out at about another £60 on top which is still cheaper then anything I can find here.

Reactions: Dan_Avant
If the figures workout in your favour after all cost then just go for it. :yes:

Reactions: Stu_b7
The figures work out In my favour at the moment unless I’ve worked it out all wrong
I might go back to the custom exhaust shop I got the the rest of my exhaust replaced and see what they can do fitted before I rush into it.
Another question the bolts on the cat are completely rusted so I want to change all the bolts and gaskets ASAP does anyone know the best place to get these as I’m struggling to find online?

VAT is usually the killer, try this though

So just a question about ECS Tuning in america,
I have been looking for a new sports cat and downpipe for the Audi recently and can’t seem to find much around.
I have seen ECS do the two together at a good price £280, the only thing stopping me is the customs charge, I have no idea what this will be and can’t seem to find a way of working it out? So my question is has anyone else ordered from ECS and know what the charges would be?
Yep, I've ordered from ECS around a year back and they delivered promptly with no hold-ups.

Then I got the email from the courier saying I owed customs + duty charges which were surprisingly steep. VAT is 20% here in France.

But - it was still cheaper to order the item I wanted, from ECS, with all the customs charges thrown in, than it was to order the same item from Audi, irony being the item was made by Valeo (French company).

Be wary of ECS Stuart I ordered a couple of small things from them with no issues but on the facebook group id say a good 98% of people that mention them say to avoid them, they all say more or less the same thing and that's apparently dreadful customer service more or less non existent especially if there's an issue and a lot of bad feedback in general so just bare that in mind especially if your paying over the odds shipping on top.