Anyone remember this S3 battle....

AL_B

Reaction score
With respect to Daz who recently sold his Goodwood Green S3, this is a video of me (silver S3) vs Daz (then in 210bhp form) at Santa Pod in July '02. He'll hate me for posting this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Santa Pod July 02

AL

nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Always looking for decent clips to DL. U got any more? S3 clips are hard to come by.

Guess that's what you might describe as convincingly NAILED!

Did he gain on you towards the end - hard to make out?

Anyway, you big show off!

225 vs 210!! Surely you had something else hidden (?), though you did have a v good start and Daz seemed to lurch before it got going in.

Just can't believe the 15 difference produces that much!

Well, with Santa Pod, we just meet up on a pre-determined Run-What-You-Brung day.

RichA3Turbo is your man, he likes organising Santa Pod meets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AL

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Well, with Santa Pod, we just meet up on a pre-determined Run-What-You-Brung day.

RichA3Turbo is your man, he likes organising Santa Pod meets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Next one will probably be the middle weekend of march... cos its nice and cool, and the weather is generally pretty ok.

Cost is roughly £10 entry, and £15 race registration... which entitles you to unlimited runs.

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Too fooking right a perfect start!

It's just surprising that a start can give that much difference between 2 'evenly' matched cars.

I'd be curious to see AMD vs APR vs Revo vs blah blah races would be like.

Anyone got any?

I have got a great vid of me whooping Wando in his old A3, and I have got a more recent vid of me kicking the **** of an S3 in the S2000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I will try to upload to somewhere tonight.

I went to RWYB last week, and it was fricking busy, Jap car day. Didn't even get to run as it was so busy. Thinking about going again b4 Xmas if the weather is ok and if there are any dates left.

nice, let us know when u upload em /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I will be going up there this weekend for a RWYB on sunday.

Anyone else fancy coming along???

I have to prove a point to a few of my mates - a 306 GTi-6 & Honda Del Sol!!

Would be good to match some faces to the names if the weather holds???