Anyone running J8.5 x 18 rims & 25 mm lowered ?

AGB-S3

Reaction score
Anyone running J8.5 x 18 rims -25 mm ?

To keep rev/mile standard- 235/35/18 , this size run clear ? on 10 mm spaces all round , post about size catching , but at what -mm lowered ?
, road use what makes ?
at the moment it on 225/40 which is the minimum size
Tnx- Graham

What’s the ET of the alloys? Standard is ET33 if my memory serves me right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ill check that , from memory, the increase was +/- from the mounting face, same as the standard 17 fit
- ill take a look ,

Ok so using www.willtheyfit.com

It looks like the 18’s will be 9.7mm closer to the struts and 15.7.mm poke more. so with 10mm spacers that’s obviously +\- those measurements.

I’m currently ET35 9J x 18’s with 235/35/18 AD08R’s no spacers on the rears and 5mm spacers on the fronts and everything clears fine and doesn’t poke outside of the bodywork.

I’m using Bilstien B8 shocks and 25mm H&R lowering springs.

Ok so using www.willtheyfit.com

It looks like the 18’s will be 9.7mm closer to the struts and 15.7.mm poke more. so with 10mm spacers that’s obviously +\- those measurements.

I’m currently ET35 9J x 18’s with 235/35/18 AD08R’s no spacers on the rears and 5mm spacers on the fronts and everything clears fine and doesn’t poke outside of the bodywork.

I’m using Bilstien B8 shocks and 25mm H&R lowering springs.

Ah , forgot to mention the struts , its running on Koni coil overs , quite small diameter compared to the standard sets, Assuming , then should be clear ? spacers are same all round, where on the standard 17's , one thing, the spokes only clear the brembo calipers [jumbo kit] by what looks like 1/4 inch

Using continental sports contact , 225 , but 235 looks to be a 'odd' size in terms of choice , I guess 235 is as big as you really want to go ?

Tnx-G

Yeah I looked into running 245’s and that would of made my wheels scrub on front struts. I’ve got around 3mm clearance.

Not measured the gap and the wheels are off for the time being , 17 are on- but , if the standard rims are J 7.5
then , the 18 must be ~ 12 mm closer , can check that with the std 17 .. the 18/245 speed error is less as well
Tnx-G

Checked , quite a large gap from the Koni struts to the wheel, so the 245 looks to be the best option
Q Tyre selection ?
Any thoughts , running round 300 Hp mark, quick road use , on conti-sports contact at the moment

Tnx-G

Pilot sport 4’s are the usual go to for good all rounders or the new PS5’s I guess. Depends on budget really.

Reports talk about under steer , the continentals are reasonable, just put the original 17 inch wheels back with Nankang 225 NS-2R
quite precise , better drive out of corners , but very agricultural

One option would be 245/18 ns-r2 , may be there are more refined dual role tires these days ?

I personally wouldn’t use NS-2R’s. Good for a little while, then utter *****. You get what you pay for with tyres I’m afraid.