Anyone used Broker4cars.co.uk to buy their B9?

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Hi,

Thinking of buying a brand new B9 Avant Diesel 272 for cash and after a lot of searching, broker4cars.co.uk is coming up the cheapest - £32.6k without any added options and this even beats the likes of drivethedeal, carwow, coast2coast cars etc by a good few £1000s. I cannot see my local Audi dealer (Highland Audi) matching brokers4cars so going to them would probably be a waste of time.

Anyway after speaking to Broker4cars, they operate differently in that they do NOT put you in touch with an Audi dealer, instead they do the whole shebang for you and you pay them around £300 in fees. They do not tell you the name of the Audi dealer but have told me it would be West Midlands based. The vehicle is delivered either driver driven or via a trailer charged at x pence per mile. Just wondering has anyone bought their B9 (or any other car) from them and how was your experience? Does anyone know which W Midlands dealer they use for Audi factory orders? Online reviews seem to be mixed.

Cheers

I've only read and heard mixed reviews about them.

Sometimes I just think that the "if the price is to good to be true, it probably is". Never dealt with them tho so I opinion probably invalid.

I would check you are going to be the first registered owner.
Some of these brokers buy cars on fleet agreements and register them in their name for 6 months to qualify and then transfer it to you at a later date.

I would prefer to deal directly with a dealer as is the case with Drivethedeal as soon as the order is placed.

Hi,

Thinking of buying a brand new B9 Avant Diesel 272 for cash and after a lot of searching, broker4cars.co.uk is coming up the cheapest - £32.6k without any added options and this even beats the likes of drivethedeal, carwow, coast2coast cars etc by a good few £1000s. I cannot see my local Audi dealer (Highland Audi) matching brokers4cars so going to them would probably be a waste of time.

Anyway after speaking to Broker4cars, they operate differently in that they do NOT put you in touch with an Audi dealer, instead they do the whole shebang for you and you pay them around £300 in fees. They do not tell you the name of the Audi dealer but have told me it would be West Midlands based. The vehicle is delivered either driver driven or via a trailer charged at x pence per mile. Just wondering has anyone bought their B9 (or any other car) from them and how was your experience? Does anyone know which W Midlands dealer they use for Audi factory orders? Online reviews seem to be mixed.

Cheers
Try our new car quote and see if they can get you a good price. Just enter your details in the link below and a configuration code and see how that matches up

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/quote-requests/open

I would check you are going to be the first registered owner.
Some of these brokers buy cars on fleet agreements and register them in their name for 6 months to qualify and then transfer it to you at a later date.

I would prefer to deal directly with a dealer as is the case with Drivethedeal as soon as the order is placed.

No, they have told me i could can factory order an Audi and would have it delivered in ~ 12 weeks. Cars are definitely ordered on demand and you are the first registered owner.

Try our new car quote and see if they can get you a good price. Just enter your details in the link below and a configuration code and see how that matches up

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/quote-requests/open

Thanks I will give that a try.

Well perhaps unsurprisingly i've just received the following reply from a dealer in SE England
I have just checked this deal, I cannot match this discount I am afraid - this represents more discount than I am able to offer. I would recommend taking this offer straight away if the offer is genuine!

I'm not disputing broker4cars prices, I'm more concerned with the aftercare should there be any problems.

Any warranty work will be honoured at any Audi dealership. I once purchased a car from a online broker and had no issue. As the first registration fee is paid by the purchaser then I think it is safe to assume the cars are not registered to anyone else for the first six months.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I've just had a look at an S4 on the site and my local dealer had previously given me a price that was £2.5k better before I'd even asked them for any discounts! The difference with that and the larger APR on the broker4cars site meant I'd be paying about £160 more a month for the car!

Did you try orange wheels?
They are usually good but I'm surprised Carwow wasn't the cheapest.
In terms of dealers in the West mids, listers in Coventry are usually favourite for a discount on Carwow, that said they weren't great when I was looking and they are fairly local to me.
Personally I prefer to go to the dealers, if they don't want to price match, I go to the next and so on.

Did you try orange wheels?
They are usually good but I'm surprised Carwow wasn't the cheapest.
In terms of dealers in the West mids, listers in Coventry are usually favourite for a discount on Carwow, that said they weren't great when I was looking and they are fairly local to me.
Personally I prefer to go to the dealers, if they don't want to price match, I go to the next and so on.

Yes, tried orange wheels. They quoted me 39.4k yet Broker4cars have the same car (with my preferred options) for 36.3k. Car wow quotes are also around the 39k mark. So we're not talking a few hundred quid here in price difference. Another thing which annoys me is the price given on the likes of drivethedeal and orange wheel are is for finance purchase only - you have to add a grand or two to get the the price for a cash purchase. Broker4cars just show 1 price applicable to both cash & finance buyers.

Here is a quoted response from another forum.

"Ordered a NEW Hyundai in September 2014 after shopping around dealers and brokers. I sought assurances from the owner of the company, Gary Bains that I was going to receive a brand new, registered as first keeper, vehicle in time for the return of my previously leased vehicle in mid October.
I received verbal and written assurances that it was NOT a pre-registered car and that it would be scheduled for delivery mid October.
Over a month late, the vehicle arrived (meaning I had had to pay for car hire for a month after the return of my leased vehicle).
After many weeks I still had no log book and was told they would chase it up with dealer.
Told it would not come to me for 6 months but the car would be registered to me as first keeper. Log book arrived in late May 2015 and I was not the first keeper. They said they would deal with it directly with DVLA. Three months later I caled DVLA and was told they would NOT register me as first keeper. Currently taking legal action."

Now I've seen many posts that have said similar things said about the company in question. But as you are aware forum posts usually say more negative then positive things about things.

Just be cautious.

Yes, tried orange wheels. They quoted me 39.4k yet Broker4cars have the same car (with my preferred options) for 36.3k. Car wow quotes are also around the 39k mark. So we're not talking a few hundred quid here in price difference. Another thing which annoys me is the price given on the likes of drivethedeal and orange wheel are is for finance purchase only - you have to add a grand or two to get the the price for a cash purchase. Broker4cars just show 1 price applicable to both cash & finance buyers.

Again not saying you should. But a I know a few people who buy their car on finance to take advantage of the extra discount. Then during the 14 day cooling off period they cancel their finance direct with finance company and pay off the lump sum.

Reactions: psychopomp1, Grubb and Keef
Again not saying you should. But a I know a few people who buy their car on finance to take advantage of the extra discount. Then during the 14 day cooling off period they cancel their finance direct with finance company and pay off the lump sum.
Or after this time just get the settlement figure and then pay it off. You then still get the finance contribution.

Thanks, didn't know you could do this.

I did that with my car, bought on finance to trouser the deposit contribution and then rang up Audi Finance the next day to ask for a settlement figure

Or after this time just get the settlement figure and then pay it off. You then still get the finance contribution.
As above. I did this on my B8.5 S4 and have just done it again on the wife's MK7 Golf. Both settled having made one payment. You phone Audi finance for a settlement figure and then just bank transfer the balance. About 10 days later they write to you to say it's all settled.

You should have no issues at all with regards after care, service, warranty as your car is warrantied by the manufacturer NOT the broker.

We used a broker for our B9 (a 218 Quattro avant) ours is a business lease as opposed to purchased outright, however the price we got from the broker was at least £150 a month less than any Audi dealer could do (plus with only a 3 month deposit / Audi dealers wanted 6 months up front). If my memory serves me correctly the broker charged us £150+ VAT fee upfront.

The car was delivered direct to us via the broker having been prepped perfectly by Audi Sheffield, we've had a warranty claim for software update, boot lid adjustment and a broken clip on gear gaitor, all dealt with directly with Leeds Audi (Synter) including a courtesy car.

Autoebid gave me the best price and I tried a few. I suggest you get s quote.