Anyone want my REALLY early order - Vorsprung Saloon RS3

Mr_Ess

Reaction score
I've got 1k down on a really early order with Preston Audi. I've not signed any paperwork or specced the car so I could easily get this back but seems a shame to waste such an early order.

I had already been in for a chat with sales before anything was available to order. I then had a call from the dealer on the morning that the dealer configurator become available to say I could come in a spec the car. I couldn't go in for a couple of days but when I went in, I wasn't happy about the lack of interior design pack and didn't know what colour to choose. I went away without any spec or signing anything - I didn't even chose the edition. He told me, however that on the day he rang, when the dealer config became available, he pro-activley put me in an order for a Vorsprung edition.

Now, I don't know if I can transfer this order to you. It isn't in my name as I've not chosen or signed anything and so maybe you can get the order transferred to your name and you will be one of the first in the line - within hours of the books opening.

Anyway, I'm not after any profit, just my 1k back (which I could just get from him and cancel the order) but if I can help anyone here, I'm more than happy to (if they'll allow it).

Andy

Reactions: Terminator x
I've got 1k down on a really early order with Preston Audi. I've not signed any paperwork or specced the car so I could easily get this back but seems a shame to waste such an early order.

I had already been in for a chat with sales before anything was available to order. I then had a call from the dealer on the morning that the dealer configurator become available to say I could come in a spec the car. I couldn't go in for a couple of days but when I went in, I wasn't happy about the lack of interior design pack and didn't know what colour to choose. I went away without any spec or signing anything - I didn't even chose the edition. He told me, however that on the day he rang, when the dealer config became available, he pro-activley put me in an order for a Vorsprung edition.

Now, I don't know if I can transfer this order to you. It isn't in my name as I've not chosen or signed anything and so maybe you can get the order transferred to your name and you will be one of the first in the line - within hours of the books opening.

Anyway, I'm not after any profit, just my 1k back (which I could just get from him and cancel the order) but if I can help anyone here, I'm more than happy to (if they'll allow it).

Andy
You are not alone in being underwhelmed by the lack of options for the Rs3 8y .
The colour choices are terrible for an Rs car not being able to option any different wheels and lack of interior design pack is a real shame .

Reactions: Terminator x and NevMan
You are not alone in being underwhelmed by the lack of options for the Rs3 8y .
The colour choices are terrible for an Rs car not being able to option any different wheels and lack of interior design pack is a real shame .

I'm not convinced things will ever go back to how they were with the HUGE shopping list of items we could choose from before with Audi.
The Merc A45s is pretty much the same.
Pick from 2 grades of car.
Pick colour.
Pick seat colour.
That's it.
No customisation, so no pan roof if you don't have the premium pack (with aero spoiler on the hatch) etc.
You get the alloys each model comes with.
Audi have pretty much done the same now.

Reactions: Jcbmally, Mr Freeze, 8YARWY and 1 other person
Yeah i was gutted. The interior needs that lift with the colour splashed. It was a real turn on for buying. Then the colours.....dropped Nardo....I know why (too popular) but that doesn't make it bad. No red calipers? What the..... I know I can get them done elsewhere but might invalidate warranty on the calipers and im worried about finish. I'm going to leave it for now and see what happens. You never know they may change options later in the year or next.

Reactions: Jcbmally
I'm not convinced things will ever go back to how they were with the HUGE shopping list of items we could choose from before with Audi.
Pick colour.
Pick seat colour.
That's it.
No customisation, so no pan roof if you don't have the premium pack (with aero spoiler on the hatch) etc.

Very poor show.

Blame WLTP and testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: abmat, RS_UK, Keano04 and 2 others
Pick colour.
Pick seat colour.
That's it.
I think you are rite mate ignore me i'am just ****** off I can't have the spec I want .

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
Don't think your order will really have any weight to it anyway, the Vorsprungs are the last of the trims to start build in mid December from an inside Audi email I seen. Things could change obviously.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Yeah i was gutted. The interior needs that lift with the colour splashed. It was a real turn on for buying. Then the colours.....dropped Nardo....I know why (too popular) but that doesn't make it bad. No red calipers? What the..... I know I can get them done elsewhere but might invalidate warranty on the calipers and im worried about finish. I'm going to leave it for now and see what happens. You never know they may change options later in the year or next.
No nardo a killer for me too + black pack looks awesome or used to!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CarterRS, Jcbmally, FBF01 and 1 other person

TX.

Imagine... I'd take it over Kyalami.

mi7fz3p.jpg

Reactions: Terminator x, Jcbmally, vallance5 and 3 others

TX.

No nardo has literally cost them fifty-odd-K of my readies. Not sure they'll miss it, but still.

Reactions: Terminator x, Jcbmally, FBF01 and 1 other person
£2400 for exclusive Nardo. A lot, but relative to overall cost not the worst thing for this new RS3!

Reactions: NevMan
Nerdo is the worst paint primer/colour ever even worse than Turbo blue

Reactions: cooperp and Keano04
Yeah must be the reason hardly anyone spec'd it over the past 3-4 years or so :icon thumright: :wtf:
I had so many compliments with my old 8V FL in Nardo, from the young to the very old...I absolutely loved it. Had I been in the market for an 8Y, I'd have been disappointed not to have the option for Nardo. Poor colour choices from what I can see, would be the red for me

Reactions: Terminator x, NevMan, Mr Freeze and 1 other person
People spent thousands on a new car but spec'd "the worst paint primer/colour ever" because it's free??

Doubt it.
Aye too busy loading it with necessary/unnecessary options then ...before they knew it....the price was well over budget..."ah...its a RS3 I'll just settle for primer grey" ...l get it you like lt I don't! so hopefully you'll realize that ....

You mean This one av had for 4 months l hate the colour but Nerdo is far worse
Ah your sig is outdated then. I don't frequent the TT forums so I didn't know. So out of every colour you could choose from, you picked one you hated? lol

Aye too busy loading it with necessary/unnecessary options then ...before they knew it....the price was well over budget..."ah...its a RS3 I'll just settle for primer grey" ...l get it you like lt I don't! so hopefully you'll realize that ....
Yeah I realise it... you hate nardo, and whether I like it or not I reckon your idea of why so many people went for nardo applies to absolutely no one lol.

Nowt to do with wltp as you can go and configure a Golf R Option by option

Cars are still tested in configurations though jassy.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
It being Free ....may have had everything to do with that

Kemora grey the only free colour, wonder how many will go for that, reckon not many at all

Reactions: Frizzley, Wango, 3vans and 1 other person

And if you order a Golf R, you will be lucky if you get it by mid next year. Was quoted 40+ weeks for a Clubsport…joke

Reactions: Jcbmally, Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Let’s be honest Jassy complains about everything…

And his TTRS looks good in that photo to me.

It’s a TTS with TTRS wing

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and Jassyo06

Love Nardo. Ever since I saw it on an RS4 in local Audi many years ago. Was always RS only colour, so shame. Or available unless you pay £2.4K

Reactions: Terminator x
Love Nardo. Ever since I saw it on an RS4 in local Audi many years ago. Was always RS only colour, so shame. Or available unless you pay £2.4K
Shame on you Nev...lol

• Haha
It’s a TTS with TTRS wing
Plus the OLED rear lights......lol a £2K option on a TTS/TTRS in Gerry land...or go buy a £70k TTRS Vorsprung...... only car that they come standard on

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
And if you order a Golf R, you will be lucky if you get it by mid next year. Was quoted 40+ weeks for a Clubsport…joke

Soooo.....lol at least you'll be happy with your freedom to individualise your own Glof R 's interior/exterior and the leather option is rather nice....on a related note Autogefhul showcase a video of the RSQ3 it has a Blue interior styling pack looks funky this option does but it has never made it to the UK even after 2 years just another example of Audi holding back on spec to UK customers

Well mate l think it's all to do with which side the steering wheel is on....left hand drive cars countrys world wide....in Germany has the exact same WLTP restrictions as the UK and you can runamuck on all individual options over there......even interior leather options on the RS6/RS7 are limited here

Reactions: 8YARWY
So @jassyo06 are you sure you’ve picked the right paint colour this time lol ;)

We don’t want all these questions all over again in a few months lol :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Mr Freeze, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Plus the OLED rear lights......lol a £2K option on a TTS/TTRS in Gerry land...or go buy a £70k TTRS Vorsprung...... only car that they come standard on

Oh yeah

Reactions: Jassyo06