Anyone want my REALLY early order - Vorsprung Saloon RS3

What made you buy it if you hate the colour that much mate . its a lot of money on a car to get the colour choice wrong .
my initial intention was to go exclusive was'nt bothered about the extra outlay but in early January when l ordered the car it was a 10 month lead time at least...dont like black.Tango,white etc etc blue is my fave colour

Reactions: Mr Freeze, 5pot and NevMan
Soooo.....lol at least you'll be happy with your freedom to individualise your own Glof R 's interior/exterior and the leather option is rather nice....on a related note Autogefhul showcase a video of the RSQ3 it has a Blue interior styling pack looks funky this option does but it has never made it to the UK even after 2 years just another example of Audi holding back on spec to UK customers

Never would wait that long for a car, I would be bored of it before I even got it

Reactions: Jassyo06
So @jassyo06 are you sure you’ve picked the right paint colour this time lol ;)

We don’t want all these questions all over again in a few months lol :tearsofjoy:

Exclusive paint and a pan roof MY2023 model for the win mate.....lead time for a car with either is a year.....just what Jordan told me.......

Reactions: NevMan and Snake Pliskin
my initial intention was to go exclusive was'nt bothered about the extra outlay but in early January when l ordered the car it was a 10 month lead time at least...dont like black.Tango,white etc etc blue is my fave colour
Have you seen voodoo and riviera in person?

Have you seen voodoo and riviera in person?
Had Voodoo for over 3 years Riviera Blue is stunning but not on a 8V S3 saloon...more suited to hatcbacks and coupe

Attachments

• 20200704_063009.jpg
    20200704_063009.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 151
Reactions: 5pot
Had Voodoo for over 3 years Riviera Blue is stunning but not on a 8V S3 saloon...more suited to hatcbacks and coupe
What’s it like compared to turbo blue? I know riviera and turbo blue are very similar and really isn’t worth paying the extra for riviera as it’s only a touch lighter

What’s it like compared to turbo blue? I know riviera and turbo blue are very similar and really isn’t worth paying the extra for riviera as it’s only a touch lighter
There's a difference between Turbo and Voodoo.... Voodoo is a few shades darker and in bright light it gets darker Turbo looks washed out in bright light...Riviera is way lighter than both but it has a classy look/colour palette to it...very vibrant and there's no mistaking it for any other blue colour..My son had a M4 in Riviera for awhile.....looked ****** awesome.....Shortlist it if l where you....it has a real punch to it

Reactions: Jcbmally and 5pot
Exclusive paint and a pan roof MY2023 model for the win mate.....lead time for a car with either is a year.....just what Jordan told me.......

im confused ... so you ordered one or not ?

There's a difference between Turbo and Voodoo.... Voodoo is a few shades darker and in bright light it gets darker Turbo looks washed out in bright light...Riviera is way lighter than both but it has a classy look/colour palette to it...very vibrant and there's no mistaking it for any other blue colour..My son had a M4 in Riviera for awhile.....looked ****** awesome.....Shortlist it if l where you....it has a real punch to it
317DDE4B 0F1A 465A AC88 39A6258A1C6A

I love riviera but with turbo being a standard colour I don’t think I can justify spending the extra for it.. I don’t like turbo blue and I’m definitely going exclsive but I don’t know I’m still undecided on which blue I want!

Just not Turbo blue :laughing: .

• Haha
Reactions: Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
I will go exclusive paint on the face lift ... that will be the long term keeper & hopefully have all the optional extras available.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan and Jassyo06
The only car I'll be in with the chance if it having a all black leather interior is one of these mate lol
View attachment 241915

pmsl ... come on it’s not that bad :tearsofjoy:
At least we’ve finally got the honeycomb pattern which looks really cool.
I’d prefer grey or red contrast stitching but it’s not a big thing to me, I’m happy with the seat design - proper RS pattern finally.

plus thinking back to my TT, TTS & S5 they were all plain black.

Reactions: 3vans and Jassyo06
pmsl ... come on it’s not that bad :tearsofjoy:
At least we’ve finally got the honeycomb pattern which looks really cool.
I’d prefer grey or red contrast stitching but it’s not a big thing to me, I’m happy with the seat design - proper RS pattern finally.

plus thinking back to my TT, TTS & S5 they were all plain black.
Honeycomb stitching is a positive step l admit as is the deletion of the A3/S3 Frankenstein interior stitching on the doors armrests and dashboard but I'll never do black on black ever always had a contrast on the interior of my Audi cars

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
It being Free ....may have had everything to do with that
Lol it was exclusive to RS cars and £2400 for all other cars down the chain but yeah "free" was the reason.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Freeze, NevMan, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
Honeycomb stitching is a positive step l admit as is the deletion of the A3/S3 Frankenstein interior stitching on the doors armrests and dashboard but I'll never do black on black ever always had a contrast on the interior of my Audi cars

Frankenstein stitching pmsl :tearsofjoy:
that is gash though isn’t it

Lol it was exclusive to RS cars and £2400 for all other cars down the chain but yeah "free" was the reason.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
But you've always been a Audi RS Anorak....free or not and only Anoraks would know this...others would have said...nice car but what a dreadful colour...

But you've always been a Audi RS Anorak....free or not and only Anoraks would know this...others would have said...nice car but what a dreadful colour...

it can’t be that bad ... I nearly picked it lol :icon thumright:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
So @jassyo06 you sticking with that turbo blue thing with those HUGE doors now then after all ?

My last RS3 was Nardo-It was a no cost option.
I'm just coming out of a Macan which i paid £1600 for the Crayon option.
I've ordered the RS3 Carbon in Kemora because that's my favourite colour with the black bits out with exclusive.
On the new RS3 Audi if Nardo was available out with exclusive it would be a possibility.
Cost is certainly a consideration but no matter if it was free or not you're not choosing Nardo or Kemora if you don't like it.

Reactions: Mr Freeze, RS3ree, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
My last RS3 was Nardo-It was a no cost option.
I'm just coming out of a Macan which i paid £1600 for the Crayon option.
I've ordered the RS3 Carbon in Kemora because that's my favourite colour with the black bits out with exclusive.
On the new RS3 Audi if Nardo was available out with exclusive it would be a possibility.
Cost is certainly a consideration but no matter if it was free or not you're not choosing Nardo or Kemora if you don't like it.

Well said, love Crayon

Reactions: hood, Mr Freeze, Snake Pliskin and 1 other person
No option have I ...its worth £48,200 £2k more than l paid for it l owe £35k .....its irrelevant though keep it til next summer
Yes I think you do need to try and bond with it lol and enjoy what time you do have with the TTS, it is a cracking car after all.
Then by the time you do come to change I can see those other extras trickling in on the RS3 which will make that purchase fall into place for you :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
No option have I ...its worth £48,200 £2k more than l paid for it l owe £35k .....its irrelevant though keep it til next summer
In hindsight it would of been better if you'd of kept hold of your lovely S3 for the time being

Reactions: JohnM100, Snake Pliskin and NevMan
In hindsight it would of been better if you'd of kept hold of your lovely S3 for the time being

I would bet Jassy has thought that a few times :yes:
But hey, nothing ventured nothing gained.
It's like my Merc, I don't dislike it, it just doesn't feel as special as my RS3 did but I'm glad I've had one and tick in a box.

Reactions: NevMan and Mr Freeze
I would bet Jassy has thought that a few times :yes:
But hey, nothing ventured nothing gained.
It's like my Merc, I don't dislike it, it just doesn't feel as special as my RS3 did but I'm glad I've had one and tick in a box.
Yeh I can Imagine he has mate .
I was very interested in the A45s at one point but after viewing a couple my wife said she couldn't live with how firm the seats were so it never materialised . In a way I don't regret not getting an A45s the RS3 on the other hand I need to own one to get it out of my system purely for the engine and sound .

Last edited:
Reactions: RS03???, 3vans, NevMan and 1 other person
I specced up a new one in my local Audi . They kindly added gap at 1100 wtf.

Its vorsprung or nothing else for me, i just will just try and not look at THAT steering. Plus to get the trick suspension you need the dynamic pack or whatever it’s called at an extra 5k, wtf. With on the road fees, 1st year tax, etc. It’s 67k for an rs3!

was quite surprised at how few options there were, but i guess they are trying to simplicit things like other manufacturer. For example I nearly bought yet another car, a Toyota Yaris gr. The only options are the 3 versions and then the paint colour. And that’s it ! Wish I’d done it now as people are selling their slots for 1k to 2k

Plus I’d have to spend 2.4K to get a decent colour, which is ridiculous, so that’s near 70k. No thanks.

Last edited:
Me too. I’d go ara blue. Love the colour. Think it would suit the car well with the black pack. Turbo blue is far too light and quite a bright flat colour, didn’t like it at all.

Me too. I’d go ara blue. Love the colour. Think it would suit the car well with the black pack. Turbo blue is far too light and quite a bright flat colour, didn’t like it at all.

same here blue is my fave colour too but turbo blue is just too flat isn’t it. Audi have released some superb blues: sprint, sepang, Ara, nevarra, estoril, mica, nogaro etc but turbo blue is one to forget.

Reactions: Mr Freeze and NevMan
I specced up a new one in my local Audi . They kindly added gap at 1100 wtf.

Its vorsprung or nothing else for me, i just will just try and not look at THAT steering. Plus to get the trick suspension you need the dynamic pack or whatever it’s called at an extra 5k, wtf. With on the road fees, 1st year tax, etc. It’s 67k for an rs3!

was quite surprised at how few options there were, but i guess they are trying to simplicit things like other manufacturer. For example I nearly bought yet another car, a Toyota Yaris gr. The only options are the 3 versions and then the paint colour. And that’s it ! Wish I’d done it now as people are selling their slots for 1k to 2k

Plus I’d have to spend 2.4K to get a decent colour, which is ridiculous, so that’s near 70k. No thanks.
Vorsprung is under 60k and it include adaptive suspension - 5k Dynamic pack only gets you Ceramics & 6mph Top speed increase at this trim level.

Reactions: RS03???, AndyVWR and NevMan
Cancelled order now so this offer is off the table. Just thought I might be able to help someone out.

• Sad
Reactions: 3vans