anyone with 350bhp or more?

HEKTOR

Reaction score
I am wanting to find out what modifications have been made to achieve this power, the drivability of the car and also its reliability?

Im thinking of getting my s3 to this sort of power and just wanting to find out a bit more before i start.

suggestions on which parts to use and where t get them would be appreciated.

cheers

if going 350 or more, i'd go with a engine rebuild. new rods, pistons and valves for piece of mind. not point spending a fortune for it to go bang!
my ihi'd car was 100% reliable. only thing that went wrong was a coilpack or two, and the maf. nothing major to fix.

your want to uprate suspension, brakes, exhaust, front mounted intercooler, engine mounts. your need the turbo kit obvisouly, and a remap.
mine remained asdriveable as standard. was fine around town, but you could let rip on open road and it flys!

i'm putting my 3rd big turbo kit toegether now. i've done all the mods above, plus engine build. budget for mine is over £10k.

it all looked good Matt until the last line
most people on this site have got rid after paying out so I am not a fan of BT's
just buy a car with that power and save pennies

this would defo be the last time i do it. i've got most the bits here now, so may as well finsih it off.

your right tho, next car will be something pretty sensible, with just a remap.

most people on this site have got rid after paying out so I am not a fan of BT's

Yea, you could just buy a big block Chevy Camaro 500bhp and save the pennies.. But whats so special with that? A big turbo a3/s3 is much more rare and special, and with the right "sleeper" looks, you can have priceless fun :rock: :blackrs4:

if going 350 or more, i'd go with a engine rebuild. new rods, pistons and valves for piece of mind. not point spending a fortune for it to go bang!
my ihi'd car was 100% reliable. only thing that went wrong was a coilpack or two, and the maf. nothing major to fix.

your want to uprate suspension, brakes, exhaust, front mounted intercooler, engine mounts. your need the turbo kit obvisouly, and a remap.
mine remained asdriveable as standard. was fine around town, but you could let rip on open road and it flys!

i'm putting my 3rd big turbo kit toegether now. i've done all the mods above, plus engine build. budget for mine is over £10k.

i was thinking along the lines of a full forged re-build, what soprt of money would i be looking at for this?what parts are the best ie what pistons, rods, valves etc?

where is the best place to go to get parts, and who does the best big turbo kit?

im glad your car remained as driveable as standard, i was expecting to hear, it was a pig to drive slow around town and was fragile and broke alot.

im hopefully going to stick to my 10k budget, im a bit skint since i spent the rest buying the car. is this a realistic budget for all the parts and the labour?

cheers

Yea, you could just buy a big block Chevy Camaro 500bhp and save the pennies.. But whats so special with that? A big turbo a3/s3 is much more rare and special, and with the right "sleeper" looks, you can have priceless fun :rock: :blackrs4:

thats what im looking for, im keeping the outside standard, the only tell tail signs will be big brakes and slightly lower. so the look on their faces when a s3 woooooshes by will be priceless. i had this when i had my impreza although they expect it more from something like that.

i'm using a set of scat rods, supertech valves and springs and mahle pistons. my parts all supplied by bill @badger5

your want to pay attention to brakes also, you need to be able to stop!

new clutch as well...the list is never ending

Keem I meant buy one with the BT already done not a camaro :wtf:

i'm using a set of scat rods, supertech valves and springs and mahle pistons. my parts all supplied by bill @badger5

your want to pay attention to brakes also, you need to be able to stop!

is it possible for you to pm me with the spec of your car, help give me ideas and costs?

did you bore your engine out or stay stock? How much can they be bored out to?

cheers

Have bought a s3 57plate 261bhp looking to remap, don't know how to go about this and how much bhp this would give me.

Have bought a s3 57plate 261bhp looking to remap, don't know how to go about this and how much bhp this would give me.

hello mate, you should post up in the 8P section im sure there would be more helpful. I would think just take your car to your nearest revo dealer and they will do the rest, i think the power goes to 300 mark maybe more, but again revo would know more, highly reccommend the remap its amazing. Good luck mate

I love my big turbo!how can you not like them??lol whats wrong with them?

I love my big turbo!how can you not like them??lol whats wrong with them?

alrite mate, what spec have you got? im looking for ideas. Mat20vt has been kind enough to share his spec and offer some advice, more the merrier.

cheers

alrite mate, what spec have you got? im looking for ideas. Mat20vt has been kind enough to share his spec and offer some advice, more the merrier.

cheers
Well i didnt get the conversion done my self, but it was carried out by MTM produces 345bhp 345 ft-lb.All i could really tell you about is the reliability really which is awesome!but if you carry it out yourself just depends how well you put it together!but BT's are awesome such a monster and surprises many cars!

Go for a garrett ball bearing turbo.
Fit an external wastegate.
Get a top mount manifold from Bill Brockbank (you'll get bored with 350bhp and soon want more. With this you can bolt on a bigger turbo when you like from the garrett range)
Use V-band clamps for the downpipe
Any of the after market 20mm rods are good for big power.
You can probably go true 2.0 with a fsi crank
JE pistons or similar.
Supertech valves/springs/retainers.
ART head bolts (400bhp +)
SEM inlet manifold (or similar)
Clutchnet clutch.
USRT Fuel injectors
Walbro or bosch 044 inline fuel pump.
EGT/AFR gauge to keep an eye on things.
Calico coated rod bearings if going over 400bhp

Prob loads more bits and bobs, like silicon, hardware and FMIC etc

Some links:
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178371
http://qedpower.com/
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183628

I rekon it can be done for £10,000. Get it right first time, not like some of us......namely me.

hello mate, you should post up in the 8P section im sure there would be more helpful. I would think just take your car to your nearest revo dealer and they will do the rest, i think the power goes to 300 mark maybe more, but again revo would know more, highly reccommend the remap its amazing. Good luck mate

thanks for that.

Go for a garrett ball bearing turbo.
Fit an external wastegate.
Get a top mount manifold from Bill Brockbank (you'll get bored with 350bhp and soon want more. With this you can bolt on a bigger turbo when you like from the garrett range)
Use V-band clamps for the downpipe
Any of the after market 20mm rods are good for big power.
You can probably go true 2.0 with a fsi crank
JE pistons or similar.
Supertech valves/springs/retainers.
ART head bolts (400bhp +)
SEM inlet manifold (or similar)
Clutchnet clutch.
USRT Fuel injectors
Walbro or bosch 044 inline fuel pump.
EGT/AFR gauge to keep an eye on things.
Calico coated rod bearings if going over 400bhp

Prob loads more bits and bobs, like silicon, hardware and FMIC etc

Some links:
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178371
http://qedpower.com/
http://seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=183628

I rekon it can be done for £10,000. Get it right first time, not like some of us......namely me.

superb reply HTC, would you recommend any company fro the job? im based in glasgow but dont mind traveling or delivering the car on a lorry.

cheers