Anyone with HUD?

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
Anyone got HUD?

I've got 7500 miles on my S4, and just noticed the right hand side of where the HUD plastic meets the dash is sticking up rather than sitting flush, will have to take a trip to the dealer, but wondered if anyone else has noticed it's happened to theirs?

y4mypa0YeIp3Hy0jcP1tA4RxPYGgOPSxrLvX87k809g0FQdbbJJFGowyEZvg_KCPCrWMzomHsBBskdguV-pEP8wSeptf3IyxPQ9wrGyc_ZoyVxNc3ivZeO49G3puQqv4XFDRTkWDbWnV_kv2bL1-V4AVb_odD1eThWuImujkwXyxv-aNtKAWTUh2z1QH3tf6528n9U7qknfkJeiHeikMN0Paw
y4mi1hNvaGM9LumAN5E-P3h7dGakki8iBQx9thIcMFqzYok3OHE2BrPB3kOZTa70IGlsYBSdEzl9wV_aQUx5KrfDLZ5ZRP24ZDaZmbofJT4AJzfiM4EHI6ktFSg_D14saHbw22WZAW1jyV4JewZ8xundQz7Vo0IMyQbrZNivPahJ05li0BaUUMXpZ0BdWHZBnbMg7KNjDPp20_WbYLJirmOKA

Here's what mine is looking like.
Guess I'll get it booked in for them to sort, is starting to nark me off now.

Car's now booked in for 2 days on the 31st for the dash to be taken apart :(

The top plastic cover is held on by several clips, you can prise that outer layer off yourself and refit probably better than the dealer. It's only a thin cover. I've taken mine off before and fitted it back without any issues. Unless of course you've got a rattle below all that and that's why the dealer want to remove it?

No rattle, the dealer had it in the workshop today for half hour looking at it before saying it's a 2 day job?!
Me thinks I'll make a note on the mileage when dropping it off, there's no reason to "test drive" if just for that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So car is now in the Audi Garage, and I have the delights of a 2.0 Tdi Audi A4 manual!

There are 3 services being performed:
1) Investigate/fix HUD trim
2) General Healthcheck
3) 8W 'Enhancement' - Apparently something to do with a valve in the charcoal filter that could possibly fail. They are routinely replacing this as they see the affected cars.

Lets see how many miles are on my car with it returns!

Well that sucks, new trim needed, but no stock and special order item only. As it's only trim and not a car off the road problem, not sure how long it's going to take.

Ipswich Audi strikes again!

After 3.5 weeks I ended up chasing what's happening regarding this, the receptionist sounded like she was talking to a dog telling it to sit! The part has arrived, but no one phoned.

Utterly useless!!!

Ipswich Audi strikes again!

After 3.5 weeks I ended up chasing what's happening regarding this, the receptionist sounded like she was talking to a dog telling it to sit! The part has arrived, but no one phoned.

Utterly useless!!!

Not having much luck with them for this huh? Amazing how hit or miss it is with service across the various dealerships...

Not having much luck with them for this huh? Amazing how hit or miss it is with service across the various dealerships...

Every dealing with them so far has been painful, yet the dealership 35 miles away, still part of the same group are excellent! it's like night and day!

Every dealing with them so far has been painful, yet the dealership 35 miles away, still part of the same group are excellent! it's like night and day!

Maybe a silly question but why not go to the other dealership if you know it's better? I know you shouldn't need to but might save the hassle in future...

Maybe a silly question but why not go to the other dealership if you know it's better? I know you shouldn't need to but might save the hassle in future...

It was convinence really, but going forwards, I will be making the trip! Actually, why wait until next time, maybe just book it in to them, and get them to speak with Ipswich on the part needed :)

It was convinence really, but going forwards, I will be making the trip! Actually, why wait until next time, maybe just book it in to them, and get them to speak with Ipswich on the part needed :)

Might not be such a bad idea actually! At least you know from previous experience that you'll get a better service.

I don't know how much Ipswich would like it, but then if they really cared that much they should've looked after you better in the first place.

Fortunately/unfortunately I think that dealerships can change a huge amount when just a few staff change over so I'm willing to give dealerships the benefit of the doubt if I've not been there in a long while but if they've been crap recently then stuff them. Haha.