Anything to be aware of?

nothingness

Reaction score
Looking to buy a 2007/8 year A3 S-Tronic 170 Tdi.

Other than the DPF filters, is there anything to look for when buying one?

Furthermore if I get the DPF and EGR removed and mapped out, can I still service the car at Audi?

How does this affect VOSA/ MOT now? I would have the DPF gutted instead of replaced with pipe so it looks no different...

Also, with S-Tronic, can it handle a remapped 170?

Thanks!

Anything to be aware of

yes owls strange looking things
anything that car turn its head like that is to be aware of.

Last edited:
Furthermore if I get the DPF and EGR removed and mapped out, can I still service the car at Audi? yes

Also, with S-Tronic, can it handle a remapped 170? some can some cant all depends

not too sure but , im sure vosa are tightening things even more in 2015 to try to come in line with german ruling . even a mention of the tyres have to be replaced like for like with the ones originally fitted when the car is bought new

not too sure but , im sure vosa are tightening things even more in 2015 to try to come in line with german ruling . even a mention of the tyres have to be replaced like for like with the ones originally fitted when the car is bought new
Really? That is quite a good rule if like-for-like = a category and not exact brand/model. ContiSports are good anyway. Sure stops people putting crap tyres on!

Does this look normal, seems a bit low miles left for 1/4 a tank...4x60= 240miles per tank... for a tdi?
media

Just basing it on my fabia vRS 1.9tdi and my A3 2.0 tdi im pretty certain that should be near double that, unless the 170 s-tronic is really THAT thirsty, but I doubt it.

It all depends on how hard you were gunning it before you stopped. The computer will work out what your range is at the last recorded speed. If you pootle about for 5-10 mins it'll go back up to over 100 miles.
:)

Or it depends how hard the previous owner was driving it before selling it.

How do you mean? size? manufacturer? tread pattern? I dont see this as any way enforecable?