Anyway to link DRL to rear lights?

D.rc

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could link my DRL button so it also turned the rear lights on so I could have bright front drl's as well as the led rear lights ?

I would like to have these on whilst my drl's are on. If you turn the headlights on it dim's the drl.
audi-a3-8p-rear-led-lights-sportback-5dr-models-only--2817-p.jpg

You need vcds, I coded my rear lights to come on with drl’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: D.rc
buy or find someone who has a Ross Tech VCDS cable. change the light behavior to scandanavian mode

Or manually alter Byte 18 which I had to do

VCDS, Carista or OBD Eleven should enable you to do this easily.
On my S3 I enabled 'Scandinavian' DRL function usig OBD11 and it's worked perfectly for over a year.
No idea why this isn't the default, there's been far too many cars on the road recently in heavy fog and no rear lights visible.

Reactions: abmat and Abi
s-l640.jpg

aint it the same as just using the sidelights (second click)?

edit: unless drl is brighter than sidelights?

I have auto lights, so I can just forget about them and know the rear lights are always on for safety

Well thanks for the help I suppose ill buy a carvista and give it a go

Reactions: RS3 S.
Or manually alter Byte 18 which I had to do

Hello, can you explain how you did that? To what value you changed it?

I want also that my DRL light switch also engage rear lights. One solution is to engage rear ligh when DRL are turned on, or to increase brightness of DRL front lights when switching to parking lights. If anyone did his can you write good explanation? I was searching this forum for answer but no clear solution is described.

Also which is the securiy access code for Cent.Elect for VCDS for Audi A3 8p from 2011?