AO09 NNN Audi RS3 Project

Aoon why not the new xona hybrid?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've yet to come across a turbo manufucaturer that doesn't over inflate their figures other than TTE. TTE turbos make the power on pump fuel and then some as we all know. The Xona hybrid still uses the stock RS3 8V manifold so it ain't making no extra power over the TTE500 on pump fuel.

The restriction is the manifold and EGT's...

I will do rods and pistons in prep for tte625

Reactions: Remarcabull
I've yet to come across a turbo manufucaturer that doesn't over inflate their figures other than TTE. TTE turbos make the power on pump fuel and then some as we all know. The Xona hybrid still uses the stock RS3 8V manifold so it ain't making no extra power over the TTE500 on pump fuel.

Thanks aoon. My decision is made. TTE625. 550hp only so i can keep stock internals. Any idea what dp will fit it properly? New wagner one?

Good choice in my opinion. I wasn't aware Wagner made one, the scorpion is a good fit but I would like a cast downpipe

Good choice in my opinion. I wasn't aware Wagner made one, the scorpion is a good fit but I would like a cast downpipe
Wagner one should be out any week now.

Just need to put the number plate back in the right place and it'll look perfect!

Reactions: jimojameso
What sort of figures are you putting out at the moment and what's the drivability like? Any hint of unreliability with current setup?

Who will you trust to carry out the internal engine work?

It is a real testiment to this engine that it can handle 550 without mods.

Looking forward to seeing your results.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Remarcabull
Who will you trust to carry out the internal engine work?

It is a real testiment to this engine that it can handle 550 without mods.

Looking forward to seeing your results.

RBRaceEngineering

Spotted you today....well heard it first. I was 3 cars back as you were pulling out of Audi Glasgow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Aoon_M
Spotted you today....well heard it first. I was 3 cars back as you were pulling out of Audi Glasgow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahh didn't see you.. Another time maybe! :)

Reactions: Remarcabull, SHOTTA GTR and StevenC95
Can never view your vids. All unsupported videos.

Hmm all work okay on the Website must just be a tapatalk bug

The profile on the tyres is still 30,

The RS3 in stock form comes with 30 profile tyres on the front if you choose the optional staggered setup from factory

No difference in ride

Would be illegal to drive those 245/30/20 in Germany.
The tyre loadindex needs to be at least 91, those are 90.

I bought the new Pilot Sport 4s in 235 all around.
The MPSS in staggered sizes caused ESC flickering and was annoying.

Would be illegal to drive those 245/30/20 in Germany.
The tyre loadindex needs to be at least 91, those are 90.

I bought the new Pilot Sport 4s in 235 all around.
The MPSS in staggered sizes caused ESC flickering and was annoying.
245? The staggered option is 255 and 235.

Aoon_Ms picture shows 245/30/20 which have a 90y loadindex.
I know that you don't live in Germany.
I'm just saying those would be illegal to drive in Germany because our bitchy as heck TÜV would not let them pass.
Because in the cars technical thingy it says "91Y loadindex".

Don't understand why there's so many comments with neg. undertones, the car looks and sounds fantastic!
Do you have a buyer in hand for your tte500 kit?

How are the ceramics? Any plans to retrofit virtual cockpit?

Since changing to MPSS last Friday I feel much more confident in cornering and the results are definitely noticeable.....and when the weather improves and the temperature increases so will the grip....got to be the most natural mod when tyre change is due

Reactions: 45bvtc
Look whats here... More goodies soon

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and Kelza
@mk44mo

Ceramics are awesome. I love them.

I've been offered a VC kit retrofit but I will leave it for now. Maybe look at it again next year.. Have too many other things on the go at the moment :)

One of the best threads I've ever read...!

Keep up the hard work - awesome car!

Reactions: Aoon_M
I've been offered a VC kit retrofit but I will leave it for now. Maybe look at it again next year.. Have too many other things on the go at the moment :)

I've been tempted to go down this route, but it was hideously expensive as you needed to swap out the mmi too and it was unclear as to what VC functions would work. What was the reason you decided against it?

@SJ43 Thank you :)

@ChrisT Well, I do things properly and don't half **** anything I need a new dash and if I'm getting a new dash I want to have it trimmed etc.

FYI you need to change the MIB, the centre console, the cluster itself and the amp (if you have Bose)

Just no time for it this year I have too may other things lined up, I will look into it next year. I'm honestly not fussed about VC at this time.

On Wednesday's we go black. Big thanks to Glasgow Smart Repair Centre.

Find me a camera can portray the anodised finish on the Audi R8 GT Carbon Ceramic brake callipers. :footy:

Awesome pics you genuinely have the ultimate hyper-hatch, as I imagine the pictures don't quite give the car justice.. would be great to see/hear a few videos - I've followed you on instagram!

May I ask, did you fit the steering wheel your or did you get someone else to help/assist in fitting it? Credit to getting the start/stop & drive select buttons working:)

On Fridays we build brakes ⚓️ kudos to @gsrcltd for matching the anodised finish off the R8 GT calipers, unfortunately it was never going to be 100% due to the cast finish on the rear calipers but it's pretty damn close

Reactions: jimojameso and L1ARR