AO09 NNN Audi RS3 Project

Good Figures Aoon and nice to catch-up and see the Beast at MRC (You'll be able to keep up with mine soon lol)

Reactions: Aoon_M
What a incredible car you have now. Is there any chance of you making a list of all the upgrades you've done.

Just read through this build and it's epic :rockwoot:. But you said your car didn't have a pan roof and it doesn't in the first set of picture and suddenly it does ? You bought another rs3 purely for the pan roof ?

He did indeed. He had a good opportunity to switch into a model with a similar spec but with the pano roof.

Reactions: A3SBQ
Aoon, awesome build so far! I wondered if you could give an update on the MSS Kit Springs? Are you still running them? Any problems long term?

Reactions: J6YAK
Unreal build mate!! Also considering the MSS Spring kit for mine, so interested to hear a follow up report on these?

@J6YAK MSSKit springs are really really good. Highly recommend them, I am still not running the track pack and am happy with my setup.

Been back up at MRC and made approx 670bhp, still having waste gate issues so more to come. Really want to strap a gtx3582r gen 2 on after summer,

IMG 6956

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: AudiNutta, EdmundVR4, elton121272 and 3 others
670bhp, wow! What are traction issues like trying to launch with that much power? I've only done an occasional launch and I get wheelspin with the standard power output!

Car was a write off LOL? This is news to me.

Do tell me more about what I don't know.

@D0C no traction issues at all, I will upload a launch control video later today

Reactions: D0C
Some 0-60 videos, no traction issues. Car needs a bit more grunt if I'm honest.

(ps not my youtube channels...)

A video of the pops and bangs, cast manifold goodness.

5 cylinder warble

Last edited:
Reactions: kayemill and EdmundVR4
if I m not mistaken, yes, stock internals.

at least that's what mrc told AO09 in a comment instagram.

Nice vids and really low deep sound from exhaust but to much "popcorn" when driving for my taste.

if I m not mistaken, yes, stock internals.

at least that's what mrc told AO09 in a comment instagram.

Yes stock internals but not sure they will last long. I only need the car to last me till Autumn and then I'll do a full build by race developments.

In regards to the issues with boost drop at top end we will try closed loop boost control next in order to get better control.

Couldn't make my mind up whether to bang a GTX3582r gen 2 in now or after the engine is built... I think the engine will let go if I put it in now to be honest. So I've ordered virtual cockpit to keep me busy instead.

Virtual cockpit retrofit consists of;

New dashboard
New instrument cluster
Various pieces of trim
MIB2 infotainment unit
New amplifier (B&O)
New wiring looms
Immo swap & coding using ODIS

Going to try and code the TTRS advanced key to the car also.

You can fit VC without a new dashboard, but I'd rather do it properly.. No point skimping!

Quite excited for VC retrofit! Gives me a nice well needed break from tuning I feel. Also gives MRC some time to finalise closed loop boost control.

Now you're probably wondering why I don't just buy a TTRS or a facelift RS3..

The reason is due to the engine. The iron block 5 cylinder has years and years of tuning development and hardware available for it, it has literally only just reached the point of its life cycle where tuners are finally exploiting its full capabilities. The iron block 5 cylinder is a proven engine making well over 1200hp in some builds, not a power figure I'm after but its nice to know its capabilities.

Audi have taken the iron block 5 cylinder from the 2009 TTRS, refined it, improved it and chucked into a brand new MQB chassis car. What more could you want. Its a tuners dream.

The new alu block 5 cylinder engine with new VVT cam system, new HPFP, new injectors will be a ball ache to forge.

It will take years for tuners to exploit that engine, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind at all that it will be more efficient and when it gets to the same point in it's lifecycle be better than the iron block 5 cylinder. But I am not prepared to guinea pig my way through for the next 4/5 years on tuning developments for the new engine. It also sounds rubbish and has a few issues I've heard from many sources. Don't get me wrong, the new 5 cylinder will be a great engine, it will be a very very easy 500hp stage 2 car. But it is not what I'm looking for. My RS3 ticks all the boxes for me, and it will likely remain my daily driver for years to come, even after I decide to go for something special after I graduate!

Reactions: Terminator x, Jack mack, David McQueen and 7 others
PS the car will be at Vag-Tuner Live on the MRC-Tuning stand, so if anyone wants to see/hear the car (bring ear defenders) :)

Reactions: tomwrigleyperformance and DJAlix
Blimey, that was 90 minutes spent in awe when I should have been working... :)

You need to move down south where all the nice weather is!
Hope to see that car in the flesh one day (not sure I can get to Donnington..)

@Evotion Yeah weather in Scotland is rubbish!!

Thats better :)

Only fault code I have left is for the daytime running lights. I've coded my daytime running lights to remain amber during the day instead of white, this leaves a fault code but I can live with that

IMG 6189
IMG 7435

Reactions: J6YAK, L1ARR, StevenC95 and 1 other person
Aoon_M,

as your car is tuned , when the engine data shows its % is it based on stock engine power and torque or it adapts to new engine power and torque?

thanks!

How much did everything cost you for the virtual cockpit mate. Looking to get it done on my car as its a pre-facelift s3. A lot of people are saying you cant get it working 100%. Would love to see more pics and videos of it.

How much did everything cost you for the virtual cockpit mate. Looking to get it done on my car as its a pre-facelift s3. A lot of people are saying you cant get it working 100%. Would love to see more pics and videos of it.

You have my number Asif drop me a message :)

@Aoon_M , how are you finding the new instrument panel? Worth it - does it bring anything new to the table?

I'll need to get some videos up of it in action!

Its pretty cool really, as you approach redline in manual mode the limiter displays green yellow then red and starts flashing red - like this

80-screenshot_20170405_173232_1308cc62b670f41be73aba6d16a4eeedf56fe6cc.png

Reactions: A3SBQ and AudiNutta
Does this "yellow - green - red" display also apply for the S3 and standard A3?
I wonder if the Golf R gets this too or is it a RS only display with the rev counter in the middle?

Does this "yellow - green - red" display also apply for the S3 and standard A3?
I wonder if the Golf R gets this too or is it a RS only display with the rev counter in the middle?

It is RS only by the seems of it.

Yes and I can confirm that the mk7.5 Golf R (facelift) also don't have it.

Can we change som settings with VCDS or VCP? Some one knows?

I guess the only downside is the RS3 logo on a none RS3 car...

Yes and I can confirm that the mk7.5 Golf R (facelift) also don't have it.

Can we change som settings with VCDS or VCP? Some one knows?

I guess the only downside is the RS3 logo on a none RS3 car...

My mates S3 doesn't have it, so must just be RS.

You probably could change it but god knows how complicated it might be.

My mates S3 doesn't have it, so must just be RS.

You probably could change it but god knows how complicated it might be.

Sorry for the high jack Aoon_M...
Let's ask VAG Cars Coding for this one

Reactions: AudiNutta
Sorry for the high jack Aoon_M...
Let's ask VAG Cars Coding for this one

Its an RS specific screen however me and Alex are working on how to get the traffic light rev limiter on its own regardless of logo.

Last edited:
Hi Aoon_M.
Thanks for the post.
Do you maybe know if the Golf and Audi cluster is the same hw wize?

Hi Aoon_M.
Thanks for the post.
Do you maybe know if the Golf and Audi cluster is the same hw wize?

Yeah they will be the same hardware no doubt about it. 8V and mk7 clusters are literally exactly the same hardware

Maybe I'm easily amused, but it looks like the virtual cockpit automatically reads the RPM limit off the ECU or TCU and adjusts red zone to suit. Cool!
IMG 7640

Reactions: S., jimojameso, AudiNutta and 1 other person
how is your stock engine holding the big power?

thanks

Had the pleasure of hearing this truely exceptional example of Aoon's this evening at the crookston road/Barrhead road junction - I was just heading back to mine parked up. You stopped at lights and she sounded amazing and I'm guessing you spotted a fellow owner and decided to let me see and hear the differences as you took off from the lights This truly is a wolf in sheep's clothing and there can't be much on the road that can challenge that power, especially off the mark. Absolute class all round and is as hardcore as an RS gets! Well done and look forward to reading more of your write ups.

Reactions: David McQueen, L1ARR, D19NL B and 1 other person
Amazing car and crazy details!!!
How does your gearbox handle the 750+Nm? What have you changed on the gearbox?

Its an RS specific screen however me and Alex are working on how to get the traffic light rev limiter on its own regardless of logo.

It only appears in manual mode; will also be great to have it on D and S mode.

Amazing car and crazy details!!!
How does your gearbox handle the 750+Nm? What have you changed on the gearbox?

I don't expect to see any issues right up until 850nm+. With good software this box will do 900nm+ on stock clutches.

Had the pleasure of hearing this truely exceptional example of Aoon's this evening at the crookston road/Barrhead road junction - I was just heading back to mine parked up. You stopped at lights and she sounded amazing and I'm guessing you spotted a fellow owner and decided to let me see and hear the differences as you took off from the lights This truly is a wolf in sheep's clothing and there can't be much on the road that can challenge that power, especially off the mark. Absolute class all round and is as hardcore as an RS gets! Well done and look forward to reading more of your write ups.

Thank you mate! I had tools in the car or else I would've floored it.. Lol

how is your stock engine holding the big power?

thanks

So far so good, we will forge the engine in September, only once its apart we will know how the engine has held up.