AP Coilovers & S5 Rotors fitted

ANDY2.0

Reaction score
Bought my B7 2.0 TDi 170 BRD about a year ago. Nice and standard. However a few months later the dreaded oil pump drive failure happened. So a modified balance shaft kit and oil pump was fitted as well as a new turbo.

A4pic

Searching for A5/S5 Rotors. Had to be in the best condition possible and was willing to pay good money for them. Finally found a set. Almost perfect original condition. The 255/35/19 tyres are too big for a B7 so I will remove these and sell these on.

IMG 9878

235/35/19 tyres fitted. Young apprentice tyre fitter did a great job. Not a scratch on the rims. The spec on these wheels are Matt Shadow Black Edition 9 x 19 ET33 Audi OEM part number 8T0601025BE. Concave City.

IMG 0061

Spigot rings 57.1mm to 66.6mm

S l1600

AP Coilovers GF10-028. Heard a lot of great things about these. I did consider lowering springs with B5 perches but it may not have given me my ideal ride height.

IMG 0210

Test fitting the wheels. Standard S-Line suspension is super high.

IMG 0228

AP Coilovers fitted.

IMG 0255

Really happy with the AP coilovers. Its true what they say. They do ride better than the standard S-Line suspension with much less jarring. The APs are very supple. They are comfortable whether you are on the motorway or on cobbled streets. AP coilovers are made by KW and they are of very good quality, Highly recommended.

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Pie-eyedpiper, Bobbytea and 12 others
Looking good mate, the AP's are great and improve with time. Had mine fitted for just over a year now and really pleased with them.

Mya4

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Ricky Burrows, DieselJake and 1 other person
Love the black a4 saloon it looks menacing! it was between the black or red for me and I ended up with the red, last time and only time I had a black car was a Honda accord type r it was that much of a nightmare keeping clean and showing everything I ended up doing a full repaint to freshen it up, couple months later it was championship white I couldn't take the pain of cleaning it and showing every little thing no more lol.

Reactions: ANDY2.0

Hey mate perfect stance for b7 i have avant with exact same ap coilovers , it drives crazy smooth and firm with rs4 rear swaybar and powerflex swaybar bushings front&back .
i also just bought oem s5 rotors 19x9 ET 33
i see you are running 235/35/19 did u rub at all with your car being so low?

i haven’t bought tyres yet haven’t decided 235/35/19 or 225/35/19

are your fenders rolled or not?

Awesome car

Mate of mine has a b5 s4 with AP coilovers and the quality of the ride impressed the hell out of me.

Its insane how smooth these AP coilovers are.

The tyres used to rub the fronts ever so slightly but I raised it a bit and its perfect now. I don't want it any lower anyway. The rears don't come close to the arch. It only rubs on the soft arch liners ever so slightly sometimes. Stock arches with no mods.

You can go 225 but 9J wheel with a 235 is quite stretched already. I may try 255/30/19 in the future.

This is what it current looks like:

96080817 240848853821736 7422233907359121408 n

Reactions: Eric_RS6, Juria4b7, Stanningtonglen and 1 other person
Its insane how smooth these AP coilovers are.

The tyres used to rub the fronts ever so slightly but I raised it a bit and its perfect now. I don't want it any lower anyway. The rears don't come close to the arch. It only rubs on the soft arch liners ever so slightly sometimes. Stock arches with no mods.

You can go 225 but 9J wheel with a 235 is quite stretched already. I may try 255/30/19 in the future.

This is what it current looks like:

View attachment 202571

perfect fitment for b7 !