AP Coilovers

HHS3

Phantom Black S3 - R-Tech Stage 2+
Reaction score
Hi Damian,

You've given me some good advice previously over on the S3 8P section in response to a few questions I had. I was previously going to get the H&R 25mm springs and some front top mount struts, however I'm now leaning towards the AP Coilovers from yourself which you're selling for £423 inc VAT & delivery.

Apologies as I'm not the most knowledgable on suspension, I know that coilovers consist of springs and dampers, however do the AP's also come with top mount struts etc. as well? I'm going to be asking for them for my birthday in August and so I just want to make sure I have all of the correct parts prior to taking them to get fitted.

Thanks.

Morning,

Thank you for your post.

No you'd need to reuse your current top mounts ad bearings or purchase new ones as the AP coilovers don't come with them.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Cheers for the info mate.

I have a 2007 S3 which has covered 62K now and I average 7K a year, so replacing the top mounts and bearings would probably be a sensible thing to do whilst fitting the coilovers right? If so, would I be fine to use OEM replacements or do the AP's require aftermarket parts?

Last edited:
Thanks will do Damian, I'll be in contact around mid August to purchase the AP Coilovers.

Reactions: DPM
Hi Mate,

I've been speaking to Mike about the top mounts and bearings which he can supply, he also mentioned about top nuts. Do you know if these are supplied with the AP's? If not, are they also worth replacing or not really?

Nice one, cheers Damian.

Reactions: DPM