AP COILOVERS

CMD

Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
Hi all i'm having my AP Coilovers fitted today and have just received a phone call from the guy who is fitting them asking why the front's and rear coilover's only have one locking/adj ring per side ..The rear's have no way of locking in to set position,the front's have a grub screw in the locking ring but the back's don't..

I have phoned Venom m/sport and they said the rear's don't have a locking screw / a locking ring .There word's were adjust the rear's to what ever ride hight i require and then the weight of the car will keep every thing in place and will not move unless i want to adj at a laterdate...

is any body running AP c/overs . I checked everything in the box when i received them last week all there as well as two types of 'C' spanner
front and rear's..:unsure:

Does'nt sound wright. E-mail Awesome in the Forum. They may be able to help.
Mine are on theire way.:whistle2:
Hi all i'm having my AP Coilovers fitted today and have just received a phone call from the guy who is fitting them asking why the front's and rear coilover's only have one locking/adj ring per side ..The rear's have no way of locking in to set position,the front's have a grub screw in the locking ring but the back's don't..

I have phoned Venom m/sport and they said the rear's don't have a locking screw / a locking ring .There word's were adjust the rear's to what ever ride hight i require and then the weight of the car will keep every thing in place and will not move unless i want to adj at a laterdate...

is any body running AP c/overs . I checked everything in the box when i received them last week all there as well as two types of 'C' spanner
front and rear's..:unsure:

All is clear now i have spoken to a very helpful guy at KW's in kent and he has put me and the guy fitting the c/over's on the right parth..

Bryzan the car is almost there list as follow's

1. Dry fit new wheel's to make sure they don't rub..
2. Buy new disc and pads for the S4 set up
3.Fit the S4 brake's
4.Try the new wheels with the new brake's to make sure they dont hit
5. After the coilover's bed in get the car's tracking done..
Bryzan what's a good day for you with regard's to the brake fitment.

Docurley

What sort of wax would i use on these coilovers

Thanks both.

All is clear now i have spoken to a very helpful guy at KW's in kent and he has put me and the guy fitting the c/over's on the right parth..

What was the problem mate? as im fitting mine on sat with a mate

Dannyfr .When you get your AP c/overs .The front's can be locked but the rear's can not so when you have set the rear's it's just the weight of the car that hold's them in place.I thought the kit was wrong or something was missing ,but i then phoned up KW (they own/make the AP kit's )you will find there number and address on the paper work that Venom supply you with,there is no fitting guide supplied with the kit.When i spoke to the guy at KW's he said "You fit the rear's and once you are happy the rear's hight just drop the car back on the ground and away you go" Hope this help's
The guy from KW also emailed me a step by step guide if you want this i wil email it to you just PM me your vemail address..

my car has been fitted with Ap coilovers past 6 months.needed to raise the car recently. boys from automech couldnt adjust as coilovers had been totally jammed up, had to be greased for 48 hours before takin them apart.

on downhill braking it did use to rub. ive had it raised 2 days ago doesnt look as mean anymore but much much more practical

That's what I call customer service!! Call KW and ask advice about another brand!!

KW - FTW!!! :thumbsup:

KW_Rr_1.jpg

I think the rear on my car is to low ,the car is level but the rear tyre is well inside the arch you can't even see the top of the tyre.
I will max them up when i adjust the rear's and try the new wheels.

That's the whole point of coilovers, you choose the height!

:yahoo: