AP shock and spring kit

RS_BUBBA

Reaction score
My wallet has taken a hammering recently so i am looking to alternatives to the billstein shocks.
DPM have recommended the Ap shock and spring kit.

Opinions or experience of this set up would be great.

The kit lowers 30mm at the front and 20mm at the back bit worried it will look lower at the front and i want it to look as level as possible, so any other set up suggestions on a bit of a budget would be great.

Sadly, my experience of this kit wasn't great.

First up, the kit had the wrong rear shocks in the box. I never did find out what shocks they were for, but Damian at DPM was great and got AP to send me the correct ones.

The front on my S3 always sat too high though after fitting to be honest, despite waiting a few weeks for them to settle. My car looked like it had two bags of cement permanently in the boot!

I eventually put the old Apex front springs back on, and it was level and sat nicely after that.

I was impressed by the damping, but I was left with a nagging doubt that if the rear shocks had been supplied wrong, maybe the front springs were the wrong ones too? Then, maybe the rear springs were too short, who knows?!

It put me off AP a bit to be honest.

I will use DPM again though, as I have a few times previously.

My year's experience of AP is great. I have no complaints, though I am using coilovers but this isn't too different at the rear. Ride is firm ( on its softest setting), yet not uncomfortable, but what do you expect?

No issues so far and set up still looks almost new with no corrosion. Only query Ive had is the rears seem to be both weeping but upon confirming with AP, they say it is a wet seal at the top so some moisture will occur down the strut.

To be honest it's more the ride height that's making me think.
I'm going to save the extra money and go for the Komi and hr set up I think.