Apple Car Play / Android Unit from Integrated Automotive

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi all

I really want to add Apple Car Play to my car. I have seen quite a few posts on here about the Chinese units which seem to have mixed reviews.
I’ve seen this company ‘Integrated Automotive’ who units are manufactured in the UK.

They seem to be highly recommended in other A3 Forums.
They restrain at £445 which is double the price of the Chinese Units, but I don’t mind paying extra for better quality and piece of mind.
https://integratedautomotive.co.uk/...019-8v-retrofit-carplay-and-android-auto-kit/

Has anybody on here bought one of the units?

Why make your own when its already being sold for cheaper.
They probably just put their own case on it, but the software is probably the same

The only difference is that if anything goes wrong you can return to the UK, thats if they are a good company for returns like amazon.

Have had great success in the wife’s Lexus with a
Carlinkit box, been it the car for a year without a problem easy to fit all plug and play bought if from their AliExpress page no problems at all was about £220, no reason to pay over the odds all you are paying for is their rebranding .

http://www.carlinkit.com/sy

Have had great success in the wife’s Lexus with a
Carlinkit box, been it the car for a year without a problem easy to fit all plug and play bought if from their AliExpress page no problems at all was about £220, no reason to pay over the odds all you are paying for is their rebranding .

http://www.carlinkit.com/sy

Not too sure what that link is as its for a USB device and lots of Audi do not have a USB, well basic ones anyway.
Also thats showing as $58.00, I dont think its a Apple car play box like the others being sold online

Not too sure what that link is as its for a USB device and lots of Audi do not have a USB, well basic ones anyway.
Also thats showing as $58.00, I dont think its a Apple car play box like the others being sold online
That was just a link to their home page here is the box

www.carlinkit.com/productinfo/356237.html

where I bought from on AliExpress

aliexpress.com/item/33035273312.html?srcSns=sns_More&spreadType=socialShare&bizType=ProductDetail&social_params=60008989463&tt=MG&aff_platform=default&sk=_B1WlSC&aff_trace_key=be327730c9124d9cb9032e204060e5ba-1609688839629-04884-_B1WlSC&shareId=60008989463&businessType=ProductDetail&platform=AE&terminal_id=f14d00bb46ac41a89ded6baf29f2de46

Anything that cheap will be to enable CarPlay on an aftermarket android head unit or to add Wireless CarPlay to a vehicle that has it fitted by the manufacturer .

Last edited:
Ah yeah thats what I was talking about on the OP other thread
The software is the same, but looks like UK seller just put their own case on it and charged over double
I would never buy it, as people who bought the ones from Aliexpress have not had any issues

Hi all

I really want to add Apple Car Play to my car. I have seen quite a few posts on here about the Chinese units which seem to have mixed reviews.
I’ve seen this company ‘Integrated Automotive’ who units are manufactured in the UK.

They seem to be highly recommended in other A3 Forums.
They restrain at £445 which is double the price of the Chinese Units, but I don’t mind paying extra for better quality and piece of mind.
https://integratedautomotive.co.uk/...019-8v-retrofit-carplay-and-android-auto-kit/

Has anybody on here bought one of the units?

This looks like a chinese one but different box!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is only 2 or 3 manufacturers for these boxes. Companies buy them from China, rebrand, add their markup and the sell them on. Have seen it all and my advice to customers is purchase from aliexpress:

£172.06 40% Off | 2021 Wireless Apple Carplay and Android Auto Interface box For AUDI A3 A4 Q3 Q5 Original Screen Update MMI system Mirror-link
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BTEkZO

Do these things have Deezer?
Is it easy to get the glove box out and access the MMI?
Havnt seen too many people having problems fitting them

If you have the app on your phone, and it’s compatible with ACP or AA, then the app will be useable via the box.

Installation depends on how handy / technical you are I guess. Glovebox out job for the A3. Need to position the box so it don’t get hot or interfere with vehicles existing systems etc.

Reactions: 8YARWY

d816dd3c0040d68bb9e9cb7bdbebd749.jpg

Yes it does, although I’ve not got an account to login!

Installing is easy enough, instructions are available or included

d816dd3c0040d68bb9e9cb7bdbebd749.jpg

Yes it does, although I’ve not got an account to login!

Installing is easy enough, instructions are available or included

Ah nice 1 thanks

@DJAlix Thanks mate, still on the fence, but they do look good.
Will it be ok with the Reverse camera you will be putting on soon?

Ah nice 1 thanks

@DJAlix Thanks mate, still on the fence, but they do look good.
Will it be ok with the Reverse camera you will be putting on soon?
Should work. Have customers with both cameras and boxes and all seems to work with no issues.

Ah yeah thats what I was talking about on the OP other thread
The software is the same, but looks like UK seller just put their own case on it and charged over double
I would never buy it, as people who bought the ones from Aliexpress have not had any issues
I beg to differ! Plenty of negative comments about the Chinese ones, that’s what was making me hesitant. And particularly lots of comments about how slow the Chinese units take to power up compared to the Integrated Automotive ones (5 secs).

Just had a look at the Integrated Automotive website, quite curious to see what the extra £200 got you, as a friend of the wife has the same Lexus as her and wanted CarPlay too, once she heard the wife had it. The pictures of the boxes are all CG apart from one which is a screen printed Chinese box. Went to try and find some technical details or an instillation manual or where there list firmware updates etc and there is no information and nothing listed. Just be aware it really feels to me like you are paying £200 to a middle man and some screen printing, not for not extra functionality custom firmware or support !

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Just had a look at the Integrated Automotive website, quite curious to see what the extra £200 got you, as a friend of the wife has the same Lexus as her and wanted CarPlay too, once she heard the wife had it. The pictures of the boxes are all CG apart from one which is a screen printed Chinese box. Went to try and find some technical details or an instillation manual or where there list firmware updates etc and there is no information and nothing listed. Just be aware it really feels to me like you are paying £200 to a middle man and some screen printing, not for not extra functionality custom firmware or support !
I’ve seen the videos of the boot up times between the units at the Chinese ones are very slow compared to the boot up of the IA. But I’m just going by what other people have said as I have no first hand knowledge.

Last edited:
I’ve seen the videos of the boot up times between the units at the Chinese ones are very slow compared to the boot up of the IA. But I’m just going by what other people have said as I have no first hand knowledge.

Yes they are slower, but at 5th of the price.
Can’t justify spending £1000+ to fit new mmi unit and centre console.

Once unit has powered up seams ok to navigate etc.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9