Apple Car Play in 2013 Year Car

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone installed Apple Car play in a pre-face lift car?
I’m looking at buying a 2013 non-sat nav car today and I would really like to have this option.

I’ve seen options such as this on eBay but I don’t know what they are like.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174334174926

Has anyone installed one?
Thanks

@Boydie Is that a plug and play system? Just wondering how hard it is to install?

and whether is will work on my non-sat nav model car.

Theres loads of threads on this already, and one quite recently in this section

@DJAlix installs them when the owners dont want to do it properly with a MIB2 upgrade.

They are utter crap imo, but if you dont want to update to MIB2, its the only other choice. Definitely don't do it if you care about sound quality, that's for sure.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Theres loads of threads on this already, and one quite recently in this section

@DJAlix installs them when the owners dont want to do it properly with a MIB2 upgrade.

They are utter **** imo, but if you dont want to update to MIB2, its the only other choice. Definitely don't do it if you care about sound quality, that's for sure.
Really that bad? That doesn’t sound good.

Really that bad? That doesn’t sound good.

Yeah its atrocious. Sound is on some levels subjective, but thats more so as some people don't notice bad sound quality rather than it actually being bad sound quality (which it is with these kits as it also is with the bog standard Audi speakers - probably one of the worst basic stereos I've heard in a modern car)

Do you have the BO?

Last edited:
I was speaking to someone who didnt notice a sound difference, but like you said @Dubjam sound is subjective.

I am a total tool when it comes to car installs and I would do this myself so its not that hard, just take your time.

I would like to know what Audio codec MMI 1 use against this Chinese Apple car play as I only use HQ deezer. (Non BO car)

I have a very high grade home cinema (Monitor Audio Gold + SVS Sub) so sound is a top priority, I dont want to listen to muffled garbage.

Would be interesting to get a poll going on for those who installed the apple play in a MMI 1

Yeah its atrocious. Sound is on some levels subjective, but thats more so as some people don't notice bad sound quality rather than it actually being bad sound quality (which it is with these kits as it also is with the bog standard Audi speakers - probably one of the worst basic stereos I've heard in a modern car)

Do you have the BO?
@Dubjam Yeah I have B&O. Do these kits effect the sound quality from the speakers?